PDA

View Full Version : Help me decide...Dec or Jan????

jonah'smom
08-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Ok, here's my dilemma.

We've been tossing around the idea of going Jan 2 - 8, 2008. Now, I see the public discounts are available through Dec 23. We are wanting to see the holiday decor, and catch Osborne Lights at MGM. Just would love to be at Disney during the holidays. Definitely want to try to avoid the crowds though. So, now looking at Dec 15 - 21, 2007. If we go in Dec, we can save money!!!! I checked on Disney's website and can get a better deal during this time than in Jan. Also we can take advantage once again of the DDP as we know it, instead of the new DDP rolling out in 2008. Again, we would save money by not having to pay oop for gratuities.

Help! Which week would be the better week for crowds??? I'm thinking go for the week in Dec. (But, the hard part would be convincing DH, well maybe not too hard! LOL!)

Also, I am a late Christmas shopper, and usually need that last weekend to finish up. Would I be totally crazy to take off to WDW that week??? :confused::confused:

Should I just wait and see if a discount will come open for Jan?

Strmchsr
08-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Crowds would probably be close to the same but in reverse. In December they would become larger as the week went on whereas in January the crowds would start large but dimish through the week. Personally, I'd go with December. Especially with the DDP changes.

ArtDeco
08-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I like January, but then I've never tried the DDP.

Jan crowds will be lighter and some decorations remain up but will continue to come down throughout your stay. You know how your house looks kind of empty after you take down the decorations? Same thing!

I think you'll be able to get deals in Jan. I've found it to be a good, less-expensive time to go. Deals have always come out for us.

We've been during the weeks leading up to Christmas too and it's also good! Gets more crowded as the holiday week draws near. You have a tough choice to make!

faline
08-17-2007, 06:14 AM
Personally, I'd pick the December dates. Saving money plus holiday decorations - sounds good to me!