PDA

View Full Version : Two levels of concierge at Contemporary

Dicecatt262
08-16-2007, 01:13 PM
I am confused between the 12th floor and the 14th floor. Can anyone shed some light on the differences, and why the 14th is more expensive?

TammiMcMan
08-16-2007, 02:26 PM
At one time, there were major differences between the two club levels. The lower level was referred to as concierge "lite". This meant that there was no lounge to speak of and food service stopped at 4 or 5pm. Since the renovations though, that's all changed. The 12th floor (Atrium Club) has a beautiful new lounge and food service goes up until 10pm. Maximum room occupancy in an Atrium Club standard concierge room is 5.

Up on the 14th floor, I believe what you are paying for is more or less exclusivity. There are only 16 rooms on that floor and out of those, 11 are suites. This would translate to much smaller crowds in the lounge and much more personalized service with the staff. The 5 standard club level rooms on the 14th floor are divided into two rooms which contain a king bed and three rooms that contain 2 queen beds (so room occupancy limits are 2 and 4 respectively). It's my understanding that because there are so few rooms on that floor, the room is actually blocked when you book it. That means, you'll know right away if you can get an MK view room. On the 12th floor, the MK view is request only and you won't know until you check-in.

Dicecatt262
08-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I see. Okay, here is what I have:

Nov 16-19, King standard 14th floor. I don't even know how I ended up with it really, I have never seen that room type online. All I've ever seen is Atrium club. I did get it with a Disney Visa discount, not much but something...I grabbed it when offered, without knowing much about it. I knew I wanted Contemporary, and concierge, so I took it.

I just checked out a map of the floor, and see that apparently both King rooms face MK...so I would guess that means we definitely have an MK view. I want one badly, so I am thrilled to see the map, because at first it appeared to be only by request (MK or Bay).

I've very excited about this room, and since there are only 2 it seems to be luck that I was able to book it. My husband and I recently went to WDW for our first "alone" trip for a weekend, and I am going to surprise him with another in November. We have 4 kids, so it is so nice to get away sometimes, and am getting a bonus soon so why not:thumbsup:

KevGuy
08-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Congrats!! :thumbsup: I hope to be able to stay up there one day. Sounds like you will have the King of rooms with a perfect view lol. Imagine just being able to sit on your balcony and watch the fireworks up close, wow! I really hope they make the new tower a DVC place, to use my points there which I could is really expensive. Perhaps I will just say to heck with it and use them anyway to stay there. make sure and do a trip report, I would love to hear about how the concierge was, what was good/bad and how those fireworks were and your thoughts the first night you see them. Magical is what I'm thinking. :mickey:

Dicecatt262
08-16-2007, 03:16 PM
Congrats!! :thumbsup: I hope to be able to stay up there one day. Sounds like you will have the King of rooms with a perfect view lol. Imagine just being able to sit on your balcony and watch the fireworks up close, wow! I really hope they make the new tower a DVC place, to use my points there which I could is really expensive. Perhaps I will just say to heck with it and use them anyway to stay there. make sure and do a trip report, I would love to hear about how the concierge was, what was good/bad and how those fireworks were and your thoughts the first night you see them. Magical is what I'm thinking. :mickey:

I'm thinking Magical too:cloud9:! I think I stumbled on what will prove to be a wonderful experience. I really didn't know what I had until I started digging around. Probably better that I didn't know, as if I tried to get that room on purpose I probably wouldn't have been successful! Pixie Dust for us! And I am planning to keep this a secret from my DH as long as possible, as a surprise!

TammiMcMan
08-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Nov 16-19, King standard 14th floor. I don't even know how I ended up with it really, I have never seen that room type online.I believe the only way you can book one of these rooms is through a travel agent or calling Disney directly.

What a wonderful surprise. I hope the trip is magical.