PDA

View Full Version : Where to stop between NC and WDW

Deesdisney
08-16-2007, 12:13 PM
I am planning a trip in Dec. and we were going to leave Fri after work. Any ideas where to stop that is nice? I will have kids with me.

Anborn
08-16-2007, 01:57 PM
i've made that trip a couple times from NC back in the 90s. I guess it depends on what route you take... but check out savannah, ga. its right around midway from either the rdu area or clt/meck area.

DisneyVolFan
08-16-2007, 02:33 PM
I agree with Anborn. My DW and I have travelled along the same route you will be going for the past couple of years. We wound up stopping in Pooler(right outside of Savannah) and found a nice Red Roof Inn there.:)

Deesdisney
08-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Thank you for the info I will try GA

krose78
08-17-2007, 12:53 PM
The last exit is GA is also a good place to stop for gas, usually the cheapest and once you go over the border it gets more expensive and filling up in GA should get you all the way to WDW without having to fill up.

tink'72
08-17-2007, 01:05 PM
We travel from Boston and we usually stop in Savannah. It's a little more expensive for hotel rooms but the area is so pretty and because it's a tourist spot you usually get more perks with your hotel stay. It's only about 5 hours from their into Orlando. Not to bad.