PDA

View Full Version : Free dining for UK guests

Rodders
08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Last year the offer was available to book between 25th Aug 2006 and 6th Nov 2006 for arrivals between 12th Aug 2007 and 29th Sep 2007. I am really keen on taking this offer up if it is repeated.

Does anyone know anything about this offer for 2008?
Is anyone else patiently waiting for the offer to start again?

I'm getting quite excited now :mickey:

SBETigg
08-16-2007, 12:53 PM
I haven't heard anything about it being offered yet, but best wishes that it is. I hope you hear something soon.

Rodders
08-21-2007, 04:59 AM
I have just read that the offer is available for 2008 :number1: but unfortunately it doesn't cover the value resorts :(

I'm very disappointed but I can't blame Disney for that. It's their offer and their terms apply. I was planning on staying at Pop C but now that's in doubt.

1)We could upgrade to a moderate
2)We could go to Pop anyway without dining
3)We could go in the last week of May

I see pros and cons of all of these options.

1) Pros
Nicer hotel, free dining
Cons
We are never there, we have to book all of our meals, It's about 900USD more than PopC and we don't really eat 900USD of food in 2 weeks.

2) Pros
Cheapest option, we love Pop and it was our honeymoon hotel :cloud9:
Cons
We have to pay for our food and the restaurants will be busy with no free dining. Paying £22 UK each per day is more than we would normally eat.

3) Pros
Maybe the restaurants will be less busy
Cons
The flights are so expensive at this time of year it's cheaper to go in the moderate in Sep

:cry:

I think I know what I'll do but it's going to cost us about $900Us more than we planned on spending and I don't feel like it's $900 more holiday.

What do you think?

Do you think it will be the same for the US offer?

Strmchsr
08-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Honestly, I don't think it's worth it. Just go with a regular trip and maybe they'll come out with a room only discount. The new DDP for 2008 also doesn't include tips and doesn't include appetizers for TS, so that makes it even less of a good deal.

Rodders
08-21-2007, 08:56 AM
If we eat a table service each day then it would be good value to go and do this. The truth is, we are too tired to have something like this EVERY night. Most evenings we share a Pizza or have counter service. Some nights we like to head out of the bubble for a while and some days we are over at some of the other parks. For this reason to buy the plan isn't worth it for us. Last time we eat in Mama Melrose (Fantasmic) and Wild Forest Cafe. All other meals were CS or non Disney. 22UKP each per day simply isn't worth it.

Also, when it comes to the hotels. We are hardly in them. We didn't go in our pool when we were last at Disney and the rooms are fine for 2 of us at the value resorts. We are very fond of Pop century as it has a special (honeymoon) meaning to us. We love the atmosphere and the theming is excellent. I'm not sure that the moderates are preferable to us even if they were the same price.

Maybe i'm missing the point but I don't value the Dining plan by as much as the price and I don't value the moderates as much as the price difference. I'll have to speak to my DW and see what she thinks.

The positives that I can think of are knowing that most stuff is paid for, the feeling of a more luxurious hotel and having a sit down option at the hotel. I think that we may be more likely to have TS if the restaurant doesn't involve a journey. The other thing that I noticed is that the parks close earlier in September than when we were last there in December so maybe that would encourage us to have more TS meals.

Grrr, I was totally set on PopC with free dining but the marketing genius that is Disney has made me rethink.

Disney, i'm not annoyed at you, I'm annoyed at me for getting my heart set one something that wasn't guaranteed to be available. :( I still love you :mickey:

Rodders
08-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Well I phoned today and it's available. I got a price and reservation for POFQ.

I can hardly wait :mickey:

blondeinbrandon
08-23-2007, 09:27 AM
Good for you!
If you don't enjoy a sit down meal every night, I suggest you use the credits for a character meal or a show like the Luau or Hoop De Doo.
:mickey:

Rodders
08-23-2007, 10:57 AM
Good for you!
If you don't enjoy a sit down meal every night, I suggest you use the credits for a character meal or a show like the Luau or Hoop De Doo.
:mickey:

Yeah, that is what we are planning to do. And probably take in some of the other 2 credit restaurants. I had a good chat with my DW about this and we agreed that we would give it a try. Also with the trip being in September we noticed that the parks close a little earlier which would give us more time to eat at the resorts. It's also an excellent opportunity for us to try the moderate resorts to see if we feel the extra money is worth it.

I feel so happy today :number1::mickey:

Now I need to decide if it's worth paying £112UK to guarantee a King size bed. :confused:

It wouldn't suprise me if the offer for US residents doesn't include values for 2008.