PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday to Fess!

Gator
08-16-2007, 11:48 AM
Fess Parker, who I consider to be the actor who most personifies the Disney Spirit, turns 83 today. I just don't know what I would have done without Davy Crockett. It's amazing how popular that show still was when I was a kid in the 70's and 80's, 30 years after it was originally created.

To my hero, Happy Birthday:party:

TheRustyScupper
08-16-2007, 12:47 PM
1) And I love his wines.
2) Especially the Syrah (red).

NOTE: We ate dinner at the Williamsburg Inn in Williamsburg. Very elegant. They served his wines, as well as other great wines. He DOES have a good reputation in the wine industry.

mrsgaribaldi
08-16-2007, 06:01 PM
:birthday:

TheDuckRocks
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
:cap: HAPPY BIRTHDAY :cake: FESS!!!
Does any one have any idea how old he is? We all know I'm about the oldest person hanging out here on Intercot and when I was a kid he was a full blown adult.:eek:
In addition to his excellent wine he also has an Inn in Los Olivos (that's near Michael Jackson's Neverland) and a hotel in Santa Barbara. When we were in the area a few years ago he was still taking a very active role in all his businesses.

ChipnDaleGal
08-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I had such a little girl crush on him back in the Davy Crockett years. :blush:

Happy Birthday Fess! :party:

murphy1
08-23-2007, 02:50 PM
I rented Davy Crockett from the library a few weeks ago. What a great show! My kids asked me if it was filmed at Fort Wilderness. I would love to go to his winery, that seems to be quite an area for growing grapes now.