PDA

View Full Version : Teacher Discount Swan Dolphin

disneyduggan
08-16-2007, 09:37 AM
I had heard there is a teacher discount available at Swan and Dolphin. Can anyone tell me more about this?

BigRedDad
08-16-2007, 10:04 AM
The discount varies by season. You can go to the different Swan and Dolphin websites to see what the rates are. I read one post on another site where they charge you to park your car for your length of stay.

andreallybadeggs
08-16-2007, 06:04 PM
We stayed at the Dolphin with a teacher discount.
Loved it! I recommend using Magical Journeys...
they can crunch the numbers and tell you if that is your best deal or if something else might be better.

emerzmom
08-17-2007, 09:59 PM
I have used the teacher discount at the Swan twice. It is a good deal when they are offering it. The discount is not always available. I love the Swan and Dolphin. They are beautiful hotels, a step above the moderate resorts and have a great location. You are right in the middle of WDW. I don't think any of the "magic" is lost by staying at these hotels. You may not get "Mickey" soap and shampoo but you do get a great hotel, wonderful views, walking distance to MGM and EPCOT and right around the corner from the Boardwalk which is very fun, less crowded than Downtown Disney, and unique. We loved taking the water taxis. You can see Tower of Terror from the Swan and the EPCOT and MGM (Fantasmic) fireworks at night. The huge Swans and Dolphins on the top of the hotels are awesome too.
If you can find a good rate with the discount go for it. :mickey:

luvkatiebug
08-18-2007, 09:53 PM
We just booked the Swan at the teacher rate for May 2008 at a rate of $179 a night (about 200 with tax) which is about the same as a moderate would be at that time. We chose to do the Swan for the convenience of location. My girls are too little to benefit from the dining plan, so we didn't need to do that. We just like the benefit of being able to get to 2 of the parks on the boat or walking. I will miss the "Disneyesque" feeling, but we'll catch that on another trip. My sister said it is a wonderful place. Enjoy!:mickey:

mttafire
08-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Not only teachers but Military and Through experience i can tell you that if you're a Professional Firefighter or Police officer...You WILL get the discount. It's not advertised for the F.F. or P.O. BUT if you ask..You'll get it.:thumbsup: Unless you dont ask nice!

Mousefever
08-19-2007, 01:53 AM
I'm wondering what proof you need to bring to in order to receive the discount. Would I need to bring my paystub or a copy of my license? What do they ask you to show when you check in?

:dory:

DustCatcher
08-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I found that the CS reps won't tell you over the phone what type of identification or proof to bring. This used to make me nervous and I brought every scrap of paper I could think of (certification, contract, pay stub, etc.). Once at the desk during checkin, the employees have never made a big deal about it.

I still bring multiple items just in case, but it's never been a big deal.

Horizon93
08-19-2007, 03:42 PM
We have stayed at the Swan many time with the teacher rate. The Swan is great! The rate does vary, and one time it was only available for part of our trip. They are excellent resorts!