PDA

View Full Version : Help! POR question...

WDW1985
08-16-2007, 01:56 AM
My family and I will be going to WDW at the end of October and will staying at POR. :cloud9: We've stayed there before, but it has been awhile. Any regulars have suggestions on which area to request? I wasn't sure if they have done any renovations over the last couple of years that would influence my decision.

Thanks!!!

:mickey:

Ricbr
08-16-2007, 07:48 AM
I just got back from a trip to Disney 2 weeks ago and stayed in POR.

There was some minor construction going on around the back side of the "ol man island" but it didnt affect anything for the rooms.

We stayed in the mansions (even though we requested the Bayou section). They put us in building 85 and it worked out great.

We were very close to a quiet pool. We also had a very short walk to the East Depot which worked out great becuase on most of the days they went around the back loop before they went to the front of the building where the majority of the quests were waiting. We usually didnt have to stand. And the walk to the Riverside Mill was not that bad at all.

I would not hesitate recommending that building for your trip. If you are trying to stay in the bayou section I would recommend 14 or 18.

Good luck!