PDA

View Full Version : Is it crazy or just plain fun?

ckaranassos
08-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Okay, my family, my sister's family and my mom are leaving for disney for a nice stay at the Poly on Aug. 28th. It happens to be my birthday and a return to the Poly after 30 years. (Without my dad:( but with 5 beautiful children) Here's my question we always take a van from Happy Limo (love the service), this trip I have accumulated many points on my Disney Visa thanks to a house addition and DH's business trips (Won't go without anything at Disney) and just received a nice little bonus from work. Is it crazy to upgrade to a Hummer Limo one way as a surprise? The kids and DH and BIL think Hummers are cool!! Has anyone done this or something similiar?

LoriMistress
08-15-2007, 09:35 PM
That sounds awesome to me.

DisneyKim22
08-15-2007, 09:41 PM
I say, if you can afford it, and it will be something you and the family will enjoy - absolutely go for it!

Every now and then you have to do something for the sheer enjoyment.

tinksmom02
08-15-2007, 10:50 PM
I say go for it!

crazypoohbear
08-15-2007, 11:02 PM
IF that's what you want go for it.
But, A hummer limo is NOT comfy.!
We took one to a Christmas party a couple of years ago and it was very uncomfortable. :(
Maybe you could rent a wishes cruise instead!

k_reile
08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
I just rode in a HUmmer Limo for my brothers wedding...very cool. I had an Expedition Limo for my own wedding. Also very cool. I would say go for it...they will talk about it for a long time and the looks on their faces would be priceless.

mickey&missy
08-16-2007, 01:41 PM
We took Happy Limo in Oct/Nov and they upgraded us to a Hummer Limo for free for our from MCO to WL!! It was a very nice suprise and a great way to start our vacation. Plus, it was very cool!

No matter what you do I'm sure you'll have fun and having fun isn't crazy! Enjoy!!

emerzmom
08-16-2007, 05:33 PM
My brother took his family recently to WDW and suprised everyone with a Hummer Limo at the airport. When they returned and I asked his 2 sons what was their favorite ride at Disney they said "the Hummer Limo". Go figure... My mom and his mother in law were also on the trip with them. They thought is was a little over the top, however, they both laughed about it and said it was a fun way to start their trip. I say sprinkle the Pixie Dust generously and as quickly as possible (recipe for a great WDW vacation)! Enjoy your trip!

DisneyDudet
08-16-2007, 06:08 PM
I would totally go for it! If you can upgrade, then do it!

Plus the faces on all the people at the Poly.. they are going to wonder what famous people are staying at their resort!

ckaranassos
08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Thanks everyone for their great responses- I am waiting for a reply from Happy Limo about availability. I will admit it is very hard keeping it a secret from the other ten members coming with me.:secret: I am fortunate that I was able to "retire" from teaching to stay home with DD (11) and DS (8) until they were in school. So this past year I went back to school part time at my children's pre school. I was glad to have a little jingle in my pocket. The school asked me to take on roll as office staff as well (minimal hours), but extra jingle I didn't expect. I just kept putting my jingle in the Disney fund and it looks very good, so I thought of the upgrade. Since my kids and my nieces and nephew play "I spy the Hummer" on the road all the time. This should be great!!