PDA

View Full Version : Favorite street performers?

mickey-mouse35
08-15-2007, 07:29 PM
Just curious to what/who are everyone's favorite street performers in all the parks?
I love the Dapper Dans in MK and Voices of Liberty, Off Kilter, Fife and Drum Corp, Chinese Acrobats in Epcot. Oh, and Jammitors. Not sure if MGM, AK have anything.

BronxTigger
08-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Oh! So many!!

At AK: The dance group/drummers that perform outside Tusker House

At MK: Dapper Dans and the piano guy at Casey's

At MGM: :confused:

At Epcot: Jammitors, Chinese acrobats, Japanese Drummers, Mo'Rockin, Voice of Liberty, errrrr I KNOW I'm missing some here...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Definitely Off Kilter and the Beatles type group. Their name escapes me right now.

LoriMistress
08-15-2007, 08:57 PM
I love the Dan Dappers. I haven't seen enough shows at WDW, to be quite honest. We have seen very few, but always at the end of the show. From what my DH and I saw, we loved the Merlin show and the Dan Dappers a lot. My DH really liked the America street performers at Epcot. We're going to be taking our time this trip and we do plan on seeing some street performer shows.

SgtTigger
08-15-2007, 09:10 PM
I have found a new favorate and that is
Off Kilter

I use to love the Public Street workers at MGM in the past but they have changed in the last few years....

I also loved American Vibe but they too are no longer.......

I also like to watch the Tommorowland Band...

:cop: :tigger:

Bobby T
08-15-2007, 09:51 PM
The Beatles tribute group in the UK is called the British Invasion.

Kudos to the troupe outside of the Tusker House.

And let me add one of my own...

Myuki the Candy Artist in Japan.

LandFan
08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
The British Invasion, Off Kilter, The women who play the drums in Japan and the group outside Tusker House

jsdt
08-15-2007, 10:27 PM
They aren't really "street performers" but we always enjoyed the four guys that used to do the pre-show at Beauty & the Beast. They weren't there the last time we were there, but in prior years when they come out and appear to just being setting up the stage and then start doing some songs. It was always a great way to wait as the theater fills up.

disney_mommy
08-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Definitely Off Kilter! We are regulars there. DD tells everyone that Mark (bass player) and Jamie (piper) are her friends. They even know her favorite song and play it every time she is there ("Loch Lomond" or to DD, "You Take the High Road").

Dyanna
08-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Jammitors!

Gator
08-16-2007, 11:42 AM
By far, my favorite show is the World Showcase Players at Epcot. They do King Arthur at the U.K. (see my signature), and now they do Romeo and Edna at Italy. Both shows keep me laughing for hours.

Mickey'sGirl
08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
We love the street performers at MGM. My DS9 really got into them on our last trip -- and is looking forward to seeing them again in October. :thumbsup:

darthmacho
08-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Mariachi Cobre! :marg: They are by far my favorite, but I also liked the World Showcase Players, the Japanese Drummers, DeVine (the plant lady at AK), and this particular actress at MGM that played a Marilyn Monroe type starlet. She was purty :tiphat:!

FutureCorpsFan
08-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Can't beat Off Kilter and the Voices of Liberty.

I can remember standing in the Amercian Experience Rotunda on the Sunday after Sept 11th and listening to the Voices of Liberty singing patriotic songs. There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd.

lightyearfan
08-16-2007, 01:23 PM
here are our choices:

1. MK - Captain Jack Tutorial (the guy plays the part of JS is tremondous, you would think that it was JD)

2. Epcot - The British Invasion

3. AK - We really don't have any favorites here
sorry

4. Mgm - i can't remember the name of the act, but there was this construction crew and they did this funny skit with the boss trying trick his not so smart employee's into taking their money but they would turn the tables on him.

VIctor

Matt's Dad
08-16-2007, 02:50 PM
MULCH SWEAT and SHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MGM - Rock Band that pulls out onto the street in a Landscape Crew truck .... and then breaks into song. They used to perform near the Star Tours ride, but last time they were on the Streets Of New York.

They are a great cover band, mixed with humor and audience participation.
Got to be my favorite.

MULCH SWEAT and SHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KAJUNKING
08-16-2007, 03:00 PM
They aren't really "street performers" but we always enjoyed the four guys that used to do the pre-show at Beauty & the Beast. They weren't there the last time we were there, but in prior years when they come out and appear to just being setting up the stage and then start doing some songs. It was always a great way to wait as the theater fills up.

i think there name is five for a dollar and other than voices of liberty they are my favorite as well

brownie
08-16-2007, 03:13 PM
The Jammitors at Epcot and Smear, Splat, & Dip at Animal Kingdom. We, too, liked American VYBE.

bkfree
08-16-2007, 03:36 PM
No Contest
Off Kilter in Canada at World Showcase.
We never miss them.
We stay at an Epcot location resort and can easily walk over to catch more than one performance.
And they are pretty easy on the eyes.

We also get big laughs in the UK watching the street "play" that used members from the audience.

DISFREAKS
08-16-2007, 06:44 PM
World Showcase Players! I got picked to play the Mime in Romeo and Edna on our last trip. :funny:

jillluvsdisney
08-16-2007, 07:00 PM
I like the singers and dancers on the trolley that goes down main street when the MK opens.

The white statue people in France that make fun of people were great. I don't think they are around anymore. I also the like the pair in the French pavillion that do balance chairs and make towers.

I have enjoyed the acrobats in the Chineese pavillion. I swear a few of them moved onto Cirque du Soleil.

scoot241
08-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Currently my two favorite groups are the Jammitors and the British Invasion.

My all-time favorite group, however, is Future Corps.

GhostHost999
08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
I gotta toss another vote in for Off Kilter...when I saw them, they had people call out the names of groups and they'd play licks from that group...really good stuff! :thumbsup:

Tink#64
08-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Jammitors!

They are so cool! We got them on video last year! :cool:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
08-18-2007, 08:43 AM
My husband, sons and I really enjoyed the parade around the World Showcase back in 2004. I can't remember what it was called. I just remember it had somewhat of an African theme. There were large drums, guys on stilts, people with birdfeathers on their heads, and the music was something like.."aya...aya-aya...aya-aya...." Please, don't laugh. This is all my feeble mind can remember. Does anyone remember this parade?

mickey-mouse35
08-19-2007, 10:45 PM
Kudos to the troupe outside of the Tusker House.

Who/what is the troupe outside the Tusker House?