PDA

View Full Version : Which Building/room at the Poly

disneymomw_3boys
08-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Only 14 more days and we will be back to WDW:party:. We are staying at the Poly and booked a Garden view room, which Building would you suggest.

We have stayed at Hawaii a couple times before but not going concierge this time, we are taking advantage of the Magic your way package.

I think Samoa is the most centrally located but what would you suggest:confused:?

SBETigg
08-15-2007, 06:43 PM
Samoa is a great location. I've heard there are some nice rooms with a bit of lagoon view for garden price at Tokelau. Fiji is nice, right on the marina. We enjoyed Rarotonga on our last stay, our view was over the quiet pool and the building is right next to the GCH. All of the garden views are pretty nice, I think.

Clotho
08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I have had Tokelau recommended as a wonderfully central location. That is what we hope to get.

We will be there the same day as you! 14 days and counting! "See" you there!:number1:

gardenia
08-15-2007, 08:15 PM
1) Samoa
2) Rapa Nui
3) Aotearoa

But they are all nice...

goofyfan4466
08-15-2007, 08:45 PM
nice to know.

J.T.Toad
08-18-2007, 09:39 AM
If you have Chldren who like to swim the Samoa is Ideal. It can be a bit noisey.Keep in mind that it is a small longhouse and rooms are somtimes hard to get .Allways have a second longhouse requested as a backup. We have stayed at the Raratonga as well with a view of the quiet pool. It was a very nice room. We always request to be as close to the GCM as possible. Keep in mind you will be making a lot of trips back and forth from there, Captain Cooks, Monorail, etc.
Good luck
JT

LudwigVonDrake
08-18-2007, 10:38 AM
I stayed at Tokelau in room 2922 last month. You could see the Contemporary from the balcony but the view was blocked by trees to the left of the Contemporary . I think if you book a room further down the hall (higher than 2922), you'd have a much better Lagoon view.

Polynesian Dweller
08-18-2007, 12:50 PM
I'd vote Tokelau. Its one of the newer building, some views of the lagoon and larger rooms (a big advantage IMHO). Another possibility is Tahiti, like Tokelau one of the newer buildings (larger rooms) but no lagoon views from the garden view. Tokelau is centrally located and Tahiti, next door, is right next to the TTC for easy transportation.

J.T.Toad
08-19-2007, 10:09 AM
We stayed in the Tahiti a couple of years back when the Hawaii was being renovated. We had a great view of the Castle. It was really convenient to have the TTC so close. What we didn't like was the long walk to the GCH, Captain Cooks and the Volcano Pool. Also being so far away made us feel like we weren’t part of the Poly Magic. For us, I don't think staying in the Tahiti and having the view was worth being so far from the GCH, Pool and Captain Cooks.

JT

DisneyorBust
08-19-2007, 10:20 AM
Considering that you have the same number of children that I do, I would suggest the Tokelau Longhouse:
1) Close to the Great Ceremonial House
2) Close to both pools
3) Easy to get to both the GCH and TTC for Monorail transportation
4)Short walk to the beach to enjoy the Water Pageant and WISHES!
5) I almost forgot...larger than standard rooms.
(Tokelau, Rapa Nui and Tahiti have the larger rooms) with three boys the bit of extra spce will come in handy!:D

mousetrapper
08-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Is the Tahiti still the same Tahiti building it was in Nov. 2001? :blush: If so, we loved it. We found it very convenient to the volcano pool, GCH, etc.

Our room was a lagoon view (we got a free upgrade :thumbsup:) -- something like room 1015 or something...we were on the ground floor. It was heaven to open the curtains and see the Castle right through our window!

*sigh*

luvdiznee
08-19-2007, 07:45 PM
Does a garden room at Raratonga offer good views? :mickey:Thanks.

J.T.Toad
08-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Dear Mousetrapper and luvdiznee
I would suggest you check out Tikimans Website, Just Google Tikiman and you will find the link. It is by far the best website dedicated to a Disney Resort. This info was posted on his site. The Polynesian changed the names of its longhouses on October 28th 1999. Here are the old and new names.

Old Name ------ New Name

Tahiti ----- Aotearoa
Fiji ----- Fiji
Samoa ----- Tuvalu
Bali Hai ----- Tonga
(Maui) Maori ----- Rarotonga
Bora Bora ----- Niue
Hawaii ----- Samoa
Tonga ----- Hawaii
Oahu ----- Tokelau
Pago Pago ----- Rapa Nui
Moorea ----- Tahiti

mousetrapper
08-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Wow, thank you! I just checked out Tikiman's site and it is a treasure trove of info on the Poly.

jwallace378
08-20-2007, 03:37 PM
We stayed in Hawaii for our honeymoon. Our room was right on the water in front of the castle. Great view of Wishes.