PDA

View Full Version : Done planning evereything leads to problems

glenpreece
08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Since I am done planning and have been done for ages now, I find I start to pick at things especially dining.

The other day i cancelled Chef Mickey's because I didn't want to eat at 9pm and miss fireworks on our last night and the possiblity of going to MNSSHP. So I opted for an early meal at Olivia's which I liked last time we were there but nothing special.

Then last night I got the itch to change 50's PTC to Sci-Fi Dine In. Main reason being I've never been there and I think Adam would like it over 50's just because of the atmosphere.

Will I regret changing to Sci-Fi? I did like it last year but I find I am doing too many of the same places again and want to try something different especially since it's all FREE!!!

So we're doing:

Cap'n Jacks: NEW
Kona Café: Done Before
Crystal Palace: Did before but this time it's dinner not bfast
Akershus: Did before but this time it's dinner not bfast
O'Hana: NEW
Sci-Fi: NEW
Olivia's: Done Before

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
1) I think you will regret changing to Olivia's more.
2) I used to LOVE this eatery.
3) I have recommedn it to countless people.
4) But, due to DDP, they have removed menu items.
5) Other items have been dumbed-down (sorry, "standardized").

BelleBeauty
08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
I am NOT a fan of Cap'n Jacks. It is great for free DDP if you go for the twin lobster tail mail. If you are planning to not eat seafood, chances are it will be bad. I did not enjoy the atmosphere at all!

I would also suggest looking at the Akershus dinner menu (not sure if you already have). Dinner and breakfast are very different meals here. Not saying it is bad, it is just different.

January-2007
08-15-2007, 12:50 PM
We have a 9PM ADR at Chef Mickey's too but we're keeping it. I've stayed at OKW but didn't go to Olivia's 'cause at the time I went everyone was slamming that place but hopefully you will enjoy it. At least maybe it will be less busy since it's not close to a park? We love the Sci Fi, it's one of our must do's. The burgers there are the best, and DH says they have great milkshakes. I know how you feel about having all your plans set and then all of a sudden getting the itch to change everything around, I got that way in June. I *think* I'm over it though, let's just keep with the mantra "we'll be in Disney World, everything will be fine" and who cares if you're not trying a bunch of new places, the thing that matters is that you have fun, right? Happy planning!! :mickey:

Nicki'sMom
08-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Gosh I know that feeling of wanting to tweak everything. It was worse last year because I hadn't been to Disney in 9 years and had a 2 1/2 yo with me so I needed to do everything right. I was happy with the last minute changes I made because when you make the adr's 6 months out, you may have a different plan in your head that when it gets closer. You realize that there may be better ways to go about your day and you make the change. In your case you realized that your priority for your last day was fireworks and that is good. Chef Mickey's is great but you guys would be sad missing out in the park and I am sure Olivia's will be tasty. I think you did the right thing. Have a wonderful time and if you see something else you think may make a difference in your experience, go ahead and make that change! :thumbsup:

glenpreece
08-15-2007, 09:37 PM
I am NOT a fan of Cap'n Jacks. It is great for free DDP if you go for the twin lobster tail mail. If you are planning to not eat seafood, chances are it will be bad. I did not enjoy the atmosphere at all!

I would also suggest looking at the Akershus dinner menu (not sure if you already have). Dinner and breakfast are very different meals here. Not saying it is bad, it is just different.

Adam is looking forward to that twin lobster tail dinner and I do enjoy seafood. I figured we'd go there because we are going to do DTD the night we arrive as to not waste a theme park admission. As for Akershus I did read the menu and I am not really too picky and I am sure Adam can just fill up on the cold buffet if he isn't interested in the entrées. I need to get my princess fix and sine he won't wait to see characters this is how I gotta get it.

Mommy2boys
08-15-2007, 09:48 PM
I am starting to second guess my ADRs as well.

texasteacher
08-16-2007, 11:16 PM
I am starting to second guess my ADRs as well.

Intercot people make me feel so much better about myself! I have changed my ADRs twice already and am still second guessing my decision! I thought it was just me who did this!

crazykids
08-16-2007, 11:51 PM
I can't tell you how many times I've tweaked my dining plans! I am finally done & will be enjoying all of my choices in about 3 1/2 weeks!

snifflesmcg
08-17-2007, 12:30 AM
If you looked at my original itinerary and the one I have now.....it looks like there are two different vacations. I call about once a week to see if I can "tweak" anything. Although, overall, I'm pretty happy with what I have. I think we all do this.

Tink#64
08-17-2007, 12:45 AM
:funny: I'm glad I'm not alone! It seems like the more time I have left after finishing my plans, the more time I have to second guess myself on the ideal scenario! I make out a bunch of possible ways to do each day, and drive myself crazy! But I still love it!

I haven't eaten at Olivia's, but we always do one of the night time events on our last night! So you might regret restaurant choice but you won't have to miss out on the fireworks! :fworks:.

Sci Fi is on our must do list every year. All four of us really enjoy having lunch there. We think the food is good & we love the atmosphere, It's just fun!:mickey:

Natazu
08-17-2007, 03:16 AM
We change dining plans all the time. I don't think anything of it anymore. Personally, I'd rethink Sci-Fi. While the atmosphere is neat, the food is just so... sub-par. Maybe just pop in for a shake and fries for lunch.

sagessa
08-17-2007, 03:50 AM
We frequently make changes to our plans, especially in October, with the Food & Wine Festival going on. We'll have everything planned, and then when the F&WF schedule comes out we have to redo everything. I think it's kind of fun to keep "tweaking". It stretches the planning out and makes the time 'til the trip more bearable. :mickey:

Rachel R.

Nicki'sMom
08-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Wow, What A Bunch Of Planners......lol