PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever collect the change

Cozfamilyof6
08-15-2007, 09:56 AM
that's in the water at Small World, Pirates, etc??? There's always so much money at the bottom of the water...what does Disney do with it all? If they ever take it out at all.

:confused:

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-15-2007, 10:47 AM
I have HEARD that they periodically vacuum up the change and that all the change is donated to charity... It has also been rumored to be to the "make a wish" foundation, bc they are so involved with disney... but i have no idea... I certainly hope they do something like that... maybe someone will come along to confirm.

DisneyFreak23
08-15-2007, 01:57 PM
If nobody wants it.....:thedolls:

Piglet822
08-15-2007, 02:55 PM
I have HEARD that they periodically vacuum up the change and that all the change is donated to charity... It has also been rumored to be to the "make a wish" foundation, bc they are so involved with disney... but i have no idea... I certainly hope they do something like that... maybe someone will come along to confirm.

I was told this as well, and it came from a CM who used to work custodial at MK.

mickey&missy
08-15-2007, 03:13 PM
We had a very informative bus driver who was a wealth of WDW knowledge once. He said it goes to children's charities.

PirateLover
08-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I sincerely hope it goes to charities. On our last trip, my boyfriend saw a custodian emptying out the Polynesian fountain. My bf asked him if the money goes to charity and he said nope "Straight to the bank." But who knows if he really knew or not...

DNS
08-16-2007, 12:26 PM
It would make sense that it would go to the bank, but then hopefully Disney issues a check to a charity in that amount. Maybe the man just didn't realize that.

Maleficent's Dad
08-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Dave Smith once published an answer to this question. It was in a Disney newsletter. If I can find the exact publication, I'll give it here.

He specifically addressed the change in IASM attraction.

According to Dave Smith, Disney Historian, the change from IASM is not collected, nor is it donated. If, during a major rehab, the water is drained, any change that is good enough currency to be used, will be donated to charity. He specifically said that Disney does not go out of their way to get and donate this change.

I was surprised to read this.

ronandjulie
08-16-2007, 04:12 PM
I thought the change that they collected is how they paid for Expedition Everest :mickey:

PirateLover
08-16-2007, 06:17 PM
It would make sense that it would go to the bank, but then hopefully Disney issues a check to a charity in that amount. Maybe the man just didn't realize that.

I was thinking that as well... hopefully!:mickey: