PDA

View Full Version : BEST meal ever in WDW

jwallace378
08-15-2007, 08:01 AM
In response to the other thread of worst meal ever....What was your BEST meal in WDW. What did you have, and where was it? Mine would have to be at Narcoose's at GF. They used to have a stuffed shrimp dish. It was great. Too bad they don't offer it anymore.:mad:

Maleficent's Dad
08-15-2007, 08:53 AM
V&A's - no question here. :wine:

Kobe Beef... For someone who normally does not eat red meat, it was unbelievable! :tasty:

The coffee there is the crown jewel of the meal! ;)

ibrowse17
08-15-2007, 09:26 AM
I agree with Narcoosse's, DW and I loved our dinner there. I would also have to mention the buffalo at Artist Point, that was really nice:thumbsup:

SBETigg
08-15-2007, 10:00 AM
It was seventeen years ago and the dining scene has really changed, so you may be surprised-- it was at Chefs de France. On our honeymoon, we ate at the Empress Room on board the Empress Lilly, which eclipsed V & A at the time as the place to go for a fabulous meal. V & A had just opened and hadn't yet hit its stride. The Empress Lilly is Fulton's now, new ownership, different place entirely. But the Empress Room meal paled in comparison to our experience at Chefs de France then.

Back in the 90s, a trio of very impressive French chefs developed the menu for Chefs, an ever-changing one based on fresh local ingredients, and it was amazing. For some years now, it hasn't been the same (it's still not bad). But back then, it was our honeymoon and the service was amazing, the food was wonderful, the atmosphere was enchanting. It was truly an experience. One of our best meals ever, anywhere.

jonah'smom
08-15-2007, 10:02 AM
I would have to say Liberty Tree Tavern. After spending a week at Disney with fancier dinners than we are accustomed to, the "down home" food from Liberty Tree was very comforting! We loved it, and that will be on top of our list next time! Granted, it wasn't anything we hadn't had before, but it was the best food we've ever eaten at Disney. Having two picky eaters in my family limits my choices a little though.

TINKERBELL_82
08-15-2007, 10:10 AM
This is a BIG toss up between:

Breakfast at Crystal Palace;

Biergarten (I'm German so I have a biased opinion on that one!!); and

Ohana.

We're eating at Boma on Friday, so hopefully I'll have one more to add to this list!!! :D

kdsjjb
08-15-2007, 10:38 AM
Hands down, no question...
May 2005 party of 9. We had dinner at Coral Reef. Everything was incredible. They had South African lobster as a special that night, that was the absolute BEST thing I have ever tasted. The bisque was great, dessert was great, the waiter was fantastic. My best meal EVER, anywhere!
All 9 of us were extremely happy with every aspect of the meal.:grouphug:
Second choice would be November 2004, party of 6 at Cinderella's Royal Table. Another great meal.

MickeyMousse
08-15-2007, 10:54 AM
The Yachtsman at YC. It was the most fabulous meal we've ever had.....EVER!:thumbsup:

kgoulash
08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
i think i;ve posted this before
my dh still remembers our waiters name, we had meat eaters and veggies in our party as well as a 2 year old and all had a great time
my bro cut his meat with a spoon it was so tender, i had an amazing veg meal prepared just for me and my son enjoyed the fireworks
36 more days and we'll be going back!

darthmacho
08-15-2007, 11:18 AM
A LOT to choose from, but I think my best meal was our first dinner at Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. The restaurant was filled with the wonderful scent of the wood smoked grill, and we had delicious meals. I had my favorite seafood, salmon, served on a wooden plank lit on fire!

Best Breakfast: Garden Grill

Best Lunch: Akershus

2nd Best Dinner: Boma

kim1st
08-15-2007, 07:05 PM
I haven't had the chance to experience some of the REAL fine dining, because I was VERY much in character world with my DDs (3 & 5).

We had a fantastic dinner at CRT - they even made string cheese look like an elegant appetizer for a preschooler.

The grown up food was good, and there was enough kids stuff to keep the girls interested.

Veectoor
08-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Portabello Yacht Club. Had a great filet and lobster dinner. We followed up dinner with a Cirque show. A perfect evening.

LandFan
08-15-2007, 09:49 PM
The Filet mignon with wild mushroom risotto and white truffle oil at Le Cellier. It may seem simple, but for me - it was AWESOME!!

08-15-2007, 10:14 PM
I have to agree with Tinkerbell 82. We ate at the Biergarten for the first time in May & we absolutely loved everything about it. The atmosphere was great & the food was delicious. This is at the top of our list now. Also the Crystal Palace for breakfast and dinner is another must for us.

IC10
08-15-2007, 10:19 PM
Counter Service hands down was Flame Tree and sit down was Boma's.

I really wish that I could get school bread and a dole whip together then that would win. :) :)

jsdt
08-15-2007, 10:39 PM
Best counter service is Flame Tree BBQ. The best sit down meal we have had (not necessarily because of the food), was the first time we were able to eat breakfast in the castle. My daughter was so happy to be inside the castle and seeing all the princesses. We could have been eating break and water and it would still have been one of the best meals ever.

disneynarula
08-16-2007, 11:28 AM
The best TS meal I ever had was at LeCelier. The bese CS was at Columbia Harbour House. They used to have this soup in a bread bowl that was so good.

lightyearfan
08-16-2007, 01:06 PM
well we've been to many a restuarant from Le Chef's to Tony's Town Square and almost everyone restuarant at Epcot and all the parks for that matter, and we've eaten at the resorts as well, but the best place that we've eaten at was during this past trip and that was Ohana's!! it was the best from the food to the wonderful serivice the scenery everything was just right and on a night that should have made us somber (it was our last day at WDW):(
Ohana's made us forget that it was our last night there. the chicken wings are awesome the potatoes were supurb and all that grilled meat mmm mmm mmm, it's making my mouth water as i'm writing this. let me put to my fellow intercoters this way, we were thinking about going back to WDW at the end of August for a long labor day weekend just so that we can go back to eat at Ohana's,

If everything falls into place then it will happen if not me and dw will have to wait until June 08

Victor

TBY2225
08-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Macadamian nut mahi-mahi at the Kona Cafe! I can't wait to get it again next month!

FutureCorpsFan
08-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Anything at Alfredo's!

Tygger7
08-16-2007, 02:18 PM
I couldn't choose just one..

On our last trip: Concourse Steak House - had the best steak ever!

Previous trip: Coral Reef - Lobster with shrimp appetizers.

Yummy!!

sillyolbear
08-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Citricos if for nothing else the gateau of crab appetizer.

bleukarma
08-16-2007, 03:23 PM
I’m not really a breakfast person so if I do eat breakfast then it’s usually in the resort. Can’t beat the mickey waffles!!!

But my best lunch was probably the pot roast at 50’s Prime Time café. It was very yummy and tender!

My best dinner was at the Party for the Senses. I don’t know if that counts since it’s not a restaurant but it was defiantly a night that I will remember forever!!! The food was WONDERFUL and the atmosphere was great. Even if I am no longer dating the person I went with, I will look back with great memories of the Party for the Senses.

mouseaddict
08-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Ok, I can officially say that as of last night V&A is my absolute favorite of all time. Japanese Kobe, foie gras...oh my!
Also had Narcoossees this trip...yummy
and my fave "regular" sit down has to be Coral Reef.