PDA

View Full Version : Parking At Resorts

shecky66
08-15-2007, 07:45 AM
Do they charge you to park your car at the resorts now? That was always free in the past. And no, I don't mean valet - we're staying at CBR.

vamaggie
08-15-2007, 08:08 AM
I believe that if you re staying onsite you can park at the resorts/parks for free. I believe they give you something to put in your windsheild to show you are an onsite guest. If I am wrong I am sure someone will be along to correct me.

goofiecrazy
08-15-2007, 08:46 AM
I wanted to know if a family member visits us at the hotel can they leave the car at the hotel and ride the buses with us?

Maleficent's Dad
08-15-2007, 08:55 AM
Do they charge you to park your car at the resorts now?
No - it is still free of charge to resort guests.

I wanted to know if a family member visits us at the hotel can they leave the car at the hotel and ride the buses with us?
Not sure of the "official policy" of WDW, but we've had guests/friends meet us at a WDW resort several times. They just tell the security guard at the gate what they're doing. It's never been a problem for us! :mickey:

BigRedDad
08-15-2007, 10:49 AM
I have family that will come up for a day or two when we visit. I most likely will register their car as my own when they are there. It may be against "official" policy, but if I am using the vehicle, it is "officially" mine any way. The car is registered in my name, so this would be a non-issue for me specifically.

bleukarma
08-15-2007, 11:34 AM
When my parents come down to Disney from OH I've drove over and "visited" for a few days. I believe a time or two I've actually gotten a piece of paper that says visitor on it to put in my windshield. My parents usually just tell them about me coming up and they print out an extra piece of paper for me.

ThanxForNoticin
08-15-2007, 01:14 PM
I most likely will register their car as my own when they are there.

You don't have to 'register' your car anyway. They ask if you have a car. If you say 'yes', they give you a parking pass for your windshield so you can park on their lot. They don't ask for specifics about your car. That parking pass is dated and is what you use to park for free at the resort, and at any of the theme parks should you decide to drive there.

I believe all the Disney resorts have free parking available. The Swan/Dolphin is not really Disney, and they charge for parking. Have a great time.

disney
08-17-2007, 02:50 AM
I think that if you stay at the Dolphin or Swan resort they charge a $9.00 a night fee because they are on Disney property but not Disney owned. All other resorts are free parking.

jszczur5
08-18-2007, 01:13 AM
If you are a guest, it is free to park at your resort. It is also free to park at the parks. All you have to do is show your room key (card) to the attendant and you get waived right through.
You also need to display the room key to the guard at the kiosk in front of your resort, or insert it into a slot reader, as there are wooden lift-arm gates in front of each resort.

disney
08-18-2007, 02:38 AM
You still have to pay 9.00 a night for parking at the Dolphin and Swan.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-18-2007, 11:11 PM
That's the one thing about the S & D that I don't like!
But you don't pay to park at the other resorts. However if you are going to the another resort for a meal or to visit, they usually give you a three hour parking permit.

disney
08-19-2007, 02:26 AM
I didn't know about that. It just seems that since we first started going to disney in 1974 that over the years it has got so complicated. There was one theme park, majic kingdom, and I think two resorts. Poly and the Contempery resort. Witch at the time cost 69.00 a night at the Contp. resort. I just don't get the raise in entrence fees, like 9 or 10.00!
I hate to say this but I think the whole of Disney will become the resort for the rich.