PDA

View Full Version : AP Rates October to December Available

Tink1
08-15-2007, 07:42 AM
DIsney has released AP rates for the Oct-Dec time period.

Code FEX

Travel Dates 9/29-12/23

Value Season:
Value Resort $59
Moderate Resort $105
AKL std $145

Reg Season
Value Resort $79
Moderate Resort $124
AKL std $185

anything for 12/19 onward, goes to date based pricing.

These check in dates get the discount with a dining card:

10/21 - 11/3

11/11 - 11/17

12/9 - 12/15

codes for this are as follows:

FFB - value resorts - $20 dining card

FFC - moderate resorts - $50 dining card

FFD - deluxe resorts - $75 dining card

FFE - DVC resorts - $100 dining card

Nanc

Tink1
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
There are some Oct dates coming as as date based as well.

Example:
Date Rate per Night
Tue, Oct 02 $ 259.00
Wed, Oct 03 $ 259.00
Thu, Oct 04 $ 305.00
Fri, Oct 05 $ 305.00

The checking in during value season and going into regular season loop hole has been slammed shut.

berri_boo
08-15-2007, 08:23 AM
We're checking in Nov 23 & checking out Dec
9....will that pose a problem?

Dicecatt262
08-15-2007, 08:44 AM
An example of what I found:

I checked Oct 10-14:
Contemporary, nothing
GF: nothing
FW Cabin: $209
Poly: nothing
BWI Deluxe Club $520
AKL nothing
WL: courtyard $240

November 16-19:
Contemporary Tower MK $365
Tower Bay: $330
Garden wing: $265
AKL: nohthing
Poly: nothing
Beach standard: $279
Yacht standard: $279
Yact water: $360
Yacht Lagoon club: $495
GF: nothing

I also checked Nov 30-Dec 3
Same thing as Novemeber 16-19 for Contemporary
Nothing for GF

What is up with GF??? Usually I always see availability there, in October for my dates it is sold out for regular rates?!

These rates for Deluxes appear to be about $80 off per night. Not a great AP rate, huh? I did better with the Disney Visa pacakage, even having to buy a ticket. This is the least amount of discount for Deluxe I've seen since becoming a passholder a couple of years ago.

pooh0601
08-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Here is the scoop on the discounts at Dexlue Hotels!

Regular season dates - save $80 per night off rack rate

Value season dates - save $70 discount per night off rack rate

We just were able to snag 2 rooms at the Poly, garden view in Dec. for the 10th-13th.

And a Woods view room at the WL on Oct.29th for 2 nights to go to MNSSHP.

pooh0601
08-15-2007, 08:54 AM
Usually you save around $100 per night at the Deluxes...so yeah it's about $20-30 less in savings per night.

How much off the rack rate did you save with the Disney Visa Card Package Rates? Only probably is, I already have park passes, and I think they make you buy the MYW tickets with that package. So it might end up being more $ that way for someone who is a passholder.

Momof2boys
08-15-2007, 09:01 AM
:notworth: Thank you Deb ! :notworth:

I came in this morning to an email from Deb @ MJ and she saved me $562.50 ! :woohoo: We're staying Pool View with bunk beds at AKL from 10/19 - 10/29.

Magical Journeys ROCK ! :rocker:

Vintage Disney
08-15-2007, 09:09 AM
:mickey: I had a feeling that AP rates would come out today so I rolled out of bed early and got on the phone with Disney. I was able to get the AP rate applied to our Poly reservations! I love discounts! :party:

Eeyore's Pal
08-15-2007, 09:19 AM
Nothing available for my stay at WL 11/23-12/4. :sad:

Dicecatt262
08-15-2007, 09:21 AM
Usually you save around $100 per night at the Deluxes...so yeah it's about $20-30 less in savings per night.

How much off the rack rate did you save with the Disney Visa Card Package Rates? Only probably is, I already have park passes, and I think they make you buy the MYW tickets with that package. So it might end up being more $ that way for someone who is a passholder.

This is not a good AP discount IMO.

For the Disney Visa, I got WL courtyard view for 3 people, 1 day tickets with dining (and I love to have the dining plan) for $1687 for 4 nights. After taking out the tickets and dining, that makes the room rate including tax about $250 per night. With the AP, it was $270. And yes, I have a ticket, but I have to renew my AP so I'll just apply it to the cost, no big deal.

For November, last night I booked a 3 night stay at Contemporary, 14th floor concierge, 1 day tix, with dining for 2 adults for $2022. Full price would have been $2416. Yes, still pricey, at $546 per night with tax, but still $52 cheaper than the AP would have been IF they had any concierge anywhere available at AP, which they do not for any of my dates.

I saved just about $450 on the Oct trip 4 night and almost $400 on the November 3 night. With an AP, it would have been less, and I have the plus of having the dining plan.

brothermoose
08-15-2007, 11:12 AM
Do AP Discounts ever work for campsites? I have heard that they don't and heard that sometimes they do. I am staying for a couple weeks this fall and every little bit helps.

January-2007
08-15-2007, 12:46 PM
I am glad these rates were nothing too fantastic because we were originally going to go in October hoping for an AP rate but then decided to take advantage of the Free Dining and go in September and we are coming out way ahead, have an extra ticket to use in the future, dining, which we would never have paid for otherwise, preferred, and 2 weeks, which I don't think we would have done otherwise. We were planning on going to the Wilderness Lodge for 6 nights. For some crazy reason I think we'll like Pop Century for 13 nights better.... Thanks Nanci, for posting the details! :mickey:

floridamom
08-15-2007, 01:00 PM
I posted this on a new thread but thought I would share it here as well:

AP rates + Dining Gift Cards are available for stays of minimum two nights from December 9-15. I found this out when I called to book the AP room only rate for the weekend of December 7-9. The CM said a new promotion had just been released this AM and if I was flexible on dates, I would receive a $20 dining gift card for a value resort reservation, or a $50 card for a mod. (Sorry I don't remember the amount for deluxe, but I know it's even higher).

So I switched to Dec 14-16 and got 2 nights at POR for $236 incl tax plus a $50 credit to be used for dining anywhere on property. (And I can still use my DDE card discount). I've never heard of this type of promotion before, so I thought I would pass it along. :mickey:

Tink1
08-15-2007, 01:06 PM
Thanks Florida Mom

I think I was editing my first post while you were posting:thumbsup:

Dicecatt262
08-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Interesting, this morning I checked the AP website and it had the specials listed, including one that gave a $100 dining card.

Now those offers are missing, all that is on there is up to September 29. Bizzarre.

shellyc
08-15-2007, 01:17 PM
Thanks guys. I just changed my Pop reservation from AAA to AP for 12/13 to 12/18 and got the $20 dining gift card. I went from $73.80 ($65.60) to $66.37 ($59.00) per night.
We have stayed at Pop during Dec so we know how busy it is, we rent a car so we can go look at the Christmas decorations at the resorts.

floridamom
08-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Glad others have also been able to take advantage of the added bonus. I see that there are even more dates with the dining card offer-that's a nice way to offset the "weaker" discounts if you are able to go at those times.

Dicecatt, I noticed the same thing about the AP website. The offer was up initially, but later was not. So I just called--you get a much better cancellation policy when booking by phone anyway. :mickey:

Tink1
08-15-2007, 03:02 PM
At least once per seasonal promo release I feel the need to post this, so here it comes again.

Consider the promotions the equivalent of a Blue light special.
The store orders 1000 olive and orange sweaters and 1000 navy and white. A few weeks go by and there is now 100 navy and white sweaters left but there are 999 olive and orange ones left. They need to clear out the 999 so they put them on clearance. Same goes for Disney. If a resort has a X per cent occupancy they do not need to clearance it, they are happy with that number. If it has Y per cent, they put the resort on a special rate until it hits X per cent. Then there are no special rates left once it hits X.

If you have a room, and have an AP, it does not mean that you automatically get the AP discount. If you have a room and they release any other type of special, it does not mean you automatically get that either. If the resort itself is at X percent, they don't need to discount and they wont. Do not ever buy an AP for anything other than the park admission.

Always assume that your resort will not have the discount when they are released and have a back up plan. Availability is very volatile on these days, while your making a decision the room you wanted could well be gone. It is much better to be prepared than disappointed.

This is all true no matter how or who you book with.

Your vacation is important to you, it is important to us as well. For those who booked through us we thank you and hope that we have gotten something that saved you money and made you happy all at the same time. For those who we could not get, be patient while we try to work through it all. We have not just one vacation to be concerned over, but many. Knowing what you want either resort wise or budget wise makes it much easier to work towards getting what while make you happy.

And as always: Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape.

Nanc

DisneyDudet
08-15-2007, 04:45 PM
For our October trip, it wouldn't be worth it. If we were going for 9 days like we usually do in the summer, then we'd jump on that.

We'll stick to our teacher rate at the Swan.

TINKERBELL_82
08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Uggg! I booked a room at the CBR on Dec 14-16 for $120 a night with the AP discount, plus the $50 dining card. Then DH reminded me that he had to work that Saturday, so I called to move it to Nov 30-Dec 2 and the price was $360 for both nights!!:cry:

Looks like we'll be staying offsite in December, unless a miracle occurs. :(

Red Randal
08-15-2007, 07:37 PM
I just saved $16 off the AAA rates for the weekend of the 10th Anniversary.

That'll buy me a tasty cheeseburger and fries at Cosmic Ray's during MNSSHP. ;)

But, hey, every little bit counts.

CaptSmee
08-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Dec 8-16, no deluxe discounted rooms left, so went with Coronado Springs!:mickey:

SurferStitch
08-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Thank you Melissa!!!!!!

Got AP rates for the Poly (at least for 8 of our 11 nights from 12/9 to 12/17---using AAA discount for the other 3 nights), and got the $75 dining gift card! Overall that saves us another $260 off of our AAA cost!!

:clappy: :woohoo:

Red Randal
08-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Got AP rates for the Poly (at least for 8 of our 11 nights from 12/9 to 12/17---using AAA discount for the other 3 nights), and got the $75 dining gift card! Overall that saves us another $260 off of our AAA cost!!

:clappy: :woohoo:

What exactly is the deal with the dining card? Sorry if I missed it elseware, but I don't remember ever hearing of this before. Are they offering smaller discounts but giving gift cards to use on food?? Is that an apology for not allowing the DDP with AP rates?

WDW1985
08-16-2007, 01:49 AM
I was unable to get CSR from 10-24 through 11-03 , so I looked to go 'ole POR and got the discount! :thumbsup: I also scored a discount for my parents at the Poly from 10-27 through 11-03 plus the $75 dining card. Sounds like it was a busy day at Disney's Travel agency!

:mickey:

birdie1410
09-23-2007, 04:14 PM
Y'all are all confusing me!!! I am beginning to think I need to be a math major to understand how to book on Disney property for a good deal. Hey, how's this....DH and I drag our broke old selves up there with our AP's and stay at the cheapest place off property we can get and still be happy just to be at Disney! What in the world do you folks all do to afford these kind of trips??? For us on very very strict budget, it's how much will gas cost us and do we eat at IHOP or Waffle House? Yes, we have stayed on property and loved it-but it sounds like almost all of you stay at the deluxe resorts almost every trip. I am amazed! The two of us feel so privileged just to get to make an overnight and stay off site at a cheapie. I bow to you!;):curtsy::dizzy:

boden
09-27-2007, 12:47 PM
I got Boardwalk Inn December 22-24 at AP discounted value rate $279. Beats the regular holiday rates by a BUNDLE. We just want to spend a few days enjoying the decorations around the parks.

mcb0420
09-30-2007, 09:05 AM
My wife and I will be at CBR Dec 5-14 with DDP package. We have already earmarked 2008 F&W fest as our next trip, making an AP an option.?. It seems to me that if my wife buys an AP, and a one day park ticket to qualify for DDP, we would save alot on our room. Am I in left field? We are still rookies at this, but we are trying to learn. Any info would be great!:mickey: