PDA

View Full Version : lovewalt & EvilQueen2006’s Secret Super Summer Trip:Pre-Trip Report

lovewalt
08-15-2007, 06:15 AM
lovewalt & EvilQueen2006’s Secret Super Summer Trip:Pre Trip Report

Cast of characters:

The lovewalt Family:

Holly aka lovewalt - That’s Me! age 36 a seasoned WDW traveler and trip report author.
Corey-my DH also 36 with 3 WDW trips under his belt. As long as he has plenty of down time, he is always up for another trip.
Maura-our DD age 4-1/2,budding thrill seeker and friend to all Princesses

Also starring the EvilQueen2006 Family:

Heidi aka EvilQueen2006- Age 31 -My sister and fellow WDW fanatic. Obsessed with Disney Dining and with Pirates of the Caribbean
Lauren -Heidi’s partner, age 27.This will be her second trip to the World but her first time with the lovewalts.
Alissa- My dear niece -age 11 A true “Tween” who loves Pirates and High School Musical. Also very much into Pin Trading.

When: August 19th-24th
Where: Pop Century Resort

Plans for Secret Super Summer Trip:
Why Secret? We really weren’t sure if we were going to be able to do this so we didn’t talk about it in front of the kids. Maura knew we were working on planning a trip but has no idea when. When we finally pulled all the plans together we decided to still keep it a secret. Alissa has NO idea. As of now, she thinks we are all going to spend a week at their time-share condo in New Hampshire. Since we are flying out of NH we are hoping to keep it a secret right up until arriving at the airport. I can’t wait to see her reaction!

August 19th - We have a 6:30am flight out of Manchester, NH on Southwest. This is a direct flight which will put us into MCO at 9:30am.We will check into Pop Century then take a bus to Animal Kingdom. We’ll spend the afternoon there before heading to the Poly for our 5:30 ADR at ‘Ohana. After dinner we plan to head to MK to see Wishes and possibly stay for some of the evening EMH. Since we had such an early flight, I’m not sure how long we’ll stay before crashing into our beds at POP!

August 20th-
Today’s plan varies between the 2 families, but the plan is to start out together and travel to Captain Cook’s for some Tonga Toast. From there the lovewalts and perhaps Lauren will head to Epcot for the morning, while the EvilQueen2006s head to Typhoon Lagoon. We will meet up again at Pop before the lovewalts plus Alissa head to Chef Mickey’s and Heidi and Lauren have some free time. We will meet up again at MK to see SpectroMagic before calling it a night.

August 21st-
Today brings us to Epcot bright and early for the Storybook Breakfast at 8:30 am We‘ve never done this breakfast or even been to Akershus but with 2 little girls and Princesses it‘s sure to be a hit. . After breakfast we will probably spend the morning in Future World and take a break around lunchtime and head back to POP. We’ll need to rest up because tonight is the Pirate and Princess Party that we are all looking forward to! Maura has a Belle dress, which she thinks is for Halloween. And Alissa is not aware that her grandmother secretly made a Pirate costume for her. We all have our fingers crossed that it will fit! Before the P&P party we have an ADR at Liberty Tree, another first for us.

August 22nd-
This will be our day at the Studios. We’ll HAVE to see the High School Musical Pep Rally for Alissa and the Indy show since Lauren has never seen it. So we’ll work the rest of our day around those show times. The EvilQueen2006 family has an ADR at Mama Melrose. The lovewalts will probably take a break in the afternoon meeting back up with the others for Fantasmic! and we’ll probably hang around for evening EMH as well.

August 23rd-
Today there is Morning EMH at MK so we are Fantasyland bound! We will probably stay at MK until lunchtime and then move to Epcot’s World Showcase. Tonight is the lovewalts turn for a family dinner at Le Cellier.The only time I could get was 4:00 so we should have plenty of time after dinner to meet up with the other’s for Illuminations. Tonight is an evening EMH at Epcot so we plan to take advantage of that.

August 24th-
We have to check out today .Our flight however, isn’t until 8:30 PM so we have most of the day to spend at AK after we store our bags. We have a breakfast ADR at Donald’s Breakfastasaurs at 8:00.After breakfast we hope to get a chance to ride Everest. Then we will visit the attractions we missed on our arrival day before heading back to POP for Magical Express which I assume will be in the neighborhood of 5:00 PM

So that’s the plan. A shorter trip than we are used to and also a warmer one. We anticipate taking several mid day breaks to escape the heat. I’ll be sure to report back with a trip report and pics when we return.

MauiMouse
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Have a great time Holly! :mickey:

T-Belle
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a great planned out vacation! Can't wait to read all about it!

SBETigg
08-15-2007, 08:26 AM
Great plans, Holly! Alissa will be so surprised, and there's something for everyone in the plan. Have a magical time!

faline
08-15-2007, 08:31 AM
What a great surprise for all the kids! Have a wonderful time! I can't wait to hear all about it when you return!

gauvin4
08-15-2007, 08:47 AM
Hello fellow Mainer!:mickey: Sounds like a great plan. Looking forward to the trip reports!

Melanie
08-15-2007, 09:03 AM
What a great "surprise" trip you have planned, Holly. Have a blast! :mickey3:

shan-ash
08-15-2007, 09:18 AM
Everything sounds good! Enjoy your trip! :number1:

jonah'smom
08-15-2007, 10:33 AM
lovewalt:
Just had to add a little note about your "surprise" trip. Last year we surprised my DS with a trip for his 6th birthday. We told him that his daddy had to go out of town and that we were going to get to play in the pool at the hotel. Luckily he fell asleep in the car just before we got into Orlando (he would have known where we were going if he saw Universal) and we woke him up as we pulled into Pop Century with the video camera focused on him. PRICELESS!!!! Definitely worth the surprise! Hope yours goes great as well! Have a great trip!

ChipnDaleGal
08-15-2007, 12:47 PM
I hope the surprise aspect of this works out for you all. Sounds like you have some really great plans and it should be fun for your two families to share this experience together. :mickey:

January-2007
08-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Have a fun time!! :mickey:

KylesMom
08-15-2007, 03:28 PM
What a wonderful trip you guys have planned together - I can't wait to hear how the "surprise" goes. Have a great time! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
08-15-2007, 08:37 PM
It sounds like you are going to have a wonderful trip! Enjoy hanging out with the family and have a great time!

Lizzie
08-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Have a great trip! And have fun surprising the kids.

princessgirls
08-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Enjoy every minute of your trip.

It sounds fabulous!!

Julie:mickey: