PDA

View Full Version : Where have you never tried but want to?

GhostHost999
08-14-2007, 09:25 PM
Here's a little something for all you fine folks...

What restaurants have you always wanted to try but just never got around to going to.

Example: For me it's the Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK...for some reason I just never got around to eating there but it was something I always thought sounded good.

lockedoutlogic
08-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I have eaten everywhere except Shula's.....

....so I guess "shula's" ;)

disneynarula
08-14-2007, 09:46 PM
I have always wanted to try Victoria and Albert's but DH is too much of a penny pincher.

I work at the Grand Floridian when I was on the WDWCP and they gave us the grand tour of V&A's and I have wanted to eat there ever since.

Natazu
08-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm really looking forward to trying Il Mulino. I think it's going to be great.

AllDisney
08-14-2007, 10:04 PM
I'd have to say Victoria & Albert's as well. If money was no object, I'd would have already eaten there.

mickeys_princess
08-15-2007, 02:07 AM
Wolfgang Puck
eating there next month!!

(By the way - whats Mulino?)

Natazu
08-15-2007, 04:12 AM
Wolfgang Puck
eating there next month!!

(By the way - whats Mulino?)
Mulino is Italian for flour mill. Il Mulino is the new restaurant at The Swan serving traditional Italian cuisine from the Abruzzi region of Italy. This restaurant replaced the wonderful Palio restaurant.

Oh, and make sure and try the pumpkin ravioli at Wolfgang Puck Cafe.

jwallace378
08-15-2007, 07:44 AM
Another vote for V&A. Also heard rave reviews about Le Cellier but haven't eaten there yet.

murphy1
08-15-2007, 07:48 AM
V & A, someday will do it!!

We are trying LTT next trip at MNSSHP!!

SignguyTom
08-15-2007, 06:02 PM
Biergarten - It always smells soooooo good out in the Bavarian village.... Maybe next May...

brewcrew26
08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
I've always wanted to try Restaurant Marrakesh. Ok, maybe not always, but since I've started to be more adventurous as an adult eater.

I also really want to try Le Cellier and the cheese soup -- I've heard such great things about it. And the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe. We're venturing out to try Boma's cuisine.

It's weird because I work part-time as a food writer, so I get paid to try new food all the time. But on vacation, I like to stick with what I know...

tinksmom02
08-15-2007, 10:32 PM
I've really only eaten at a handful of restaurants in WDW, and trying a lot of new ones in Sept., so really, every restaurant is on my must try list. However, if I were planning yet another trip right now, I would pick Kona Cafe and Cali Grill, and V&A if money were no object (but it always is, isn't it? :()

Crow
08-15-2007, 10:42 PM
this might cross w my post
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=112391
in some ways
i ate at CG in May which has been on my list and now is a fav
ive covered most of the places i want to try; a few left to do

avantgardeinker
08-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Hollywood Brown Derby at Disney Studios. We always consider it, but then decide on something else. One day.....

112 more days!
:mickey:

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
08-16-2007, 09:51 AM
I'd have to say pretty much all the signature restaurants are on my list...although we have eaten at V&A's.

I'm most interested in California Grill, Narcoosee's, Artist Pointe, and Jiko.

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-16-2007, 10:27 AM
When I was a child, my mom (a single parent) pinched pennies to give us the WDW vacations that we loved soo much. Sadly, that meant counter service burgers and snacks in a cooler... (but who could complain, we were in disney world!) Now, we have our favorite TS places, but there are soo many we have never tried... M husband and I have decided that from now on we will try at least one place we have never been.... so... we should be done, ummm, never! But it will be fun to try!! :mickey:

Aggie97
08-16-2007, 10:29 AM
I'd like to try Boma or Jiko, but heading over to AKL at dinnertime never seems to fit in our plans!

mdearmas
08-16-2007, 10:35 AM
I think it would be cool to try the chef's table at victoria and alberts! so if anyone wants to start a collection for my wife and I it would be much appreciated! I'll even start the collection with :twocents:!
:goofy:

cjb121879
08-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Jym,

Thanks for the recommendation. I love ravioli and I will try the pumpkin version at the cafe in September!

Nicki'sMom
08-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I really would love to eat at California Gril but with our 3 yo we do as much character dining as possible. Maybe in a couple years when she can stay up late enough for ADRs during the fireworks.

tomorrowschild
08-16-2007, 03:48 PM
I have always wanted to try the California Grill. My parents have been and loved it. When we go next (March of July) my husband and I are going to try it for our night out (yeah grandparents!). I can't wait.

Mom2princesses
08-16-2007, 04:06 PM
I would love to try Le Cellier and Boma. Hopefully next trip we can do less character meals and try them. My husband is from South Africa he would love Boma's!

mrsgaribaldi
08-16-2007, 05:56 PM
I always wanted to try Boma, Ohanas for dinner, Kona Cafe, Liberty Tree Tavern and V&A.:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
08-16-2007, 08:33 PM
There are many. During our first trip to WDW in 2003, I was a newbie (but I learned quickly); and never made ADRs. But I did take the great advice of how to eat at some good restaurants without making ADRs. I wanted to make ADRs during that time, but DH didn't want everything to be completely planned. After our vacation, he enjoyed it the planning I did, because it was stress free with little crowds. He understands why things needs to be planned out in advance if you care to dine at a certain restaurant. With that being said, for our upcoming trip for December, I've made many reservations for our upcoming trip. And DH is excited, since after visiting WDW he wanted to try out more restaurants, and knows that if you want to be able to eat that best restaurants, you need to book in advance.

Here are the places that I've got ADRs for that we never tried:

Grand Floridian Cafe
The Dining Room with Wolfgang Puck's
CRT
Raglan's Road
Rose and Crown Pub
Le Cellier Steakhouse Canada
Hollywood Brown Derby
Concourse Steakhouse
Sci Fi Dine Inn
Coral Reef
Teppanyaki Dining
Artist Point
Marrakesh

There are many other restaurants that I have never eaten at, but I thought these were a good start.