PDA

View Full Version : wilderness lodge- which veiw is better?

Mrs.Mickey
08-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Hey all!
I have a question my fiance and I are spending 10 days at wilderness from nov. 4-14th for our honeymoon!:lei: My question to you is we currently have a woodsveiw room that we asked to be facing towards the magic kingdom, but with the disney visa discounts we found out we would save $600 if we changed to a courtyard veiw. I am hoping that we can get a magic kingdom veiw if we stay with the woods veiw but it is tempting to save money... Also what is the likely hood of there being a discount for passholders in the near future? Any input on which veiw is better would be great! :mickey:

SgtTigger
08-14-2007, 08:25 PM
First off they might not be able to give you the view you want of the Magic Kingdom.....

Court yard view will over look the pool, creek or stream..... I have had all and loved them. I also have had standerd view and liked them too..........

:cop: :tigger:

TammiMcMan
08-14-2007, 09:16 PM
Some of the better MK views actually come with the standard rooms. There are really very limited rooms that have any type of castle view, so I would recommend picking something in your budget and just hope for the best.

KylesMom
08-15-2007, 10:19 AM
We've had both Standard view looking @ woods with a MK view - 6th floor - couldn't see much except CR Resort in the daytime & Wishes in the evening. Some of these standard rooms which actually face the woods back up to a delivery area - hence why they're considered Standard rooms and not Woods. We've also been upgraded to a Woods View (overlooking DVC units/pool). We typically book standard view with AAA discount (not seen A/P rates offered) because we know that whatever room we're put in, we'll enjoy.

MK isn't as close as you think to the WL, so even if you're facing the MK, you're not going to get an eagle-eye view of the Castle.

I think the Courtyard view would be delightful, especially if you can save $600! :mickey:

kim1st
08-15-2007, 06:50 PM
We had a pool view, and it was fine.
The best view of MK from the WL is actually on the boat ride over. I think that was one of my favorite parts of our vacation!!!

With the $600 you'd save - make a dinner reservation at that restaurant on top of the Contemporary that actually has the best view of Wishes (OK experts - please correct me with the actual name - is it the Concourse Steakhouse or something?). You'll still have $$$ to spare!!!

Have an absolutely MAGICAL honeymoon!!!

TheRustyScupper
08-16-2007, 11:00 AM
1) The "Woods View facing MK" does not give a good view.
2) There are too many trees in the way.
3) The view you get is
. . . of some of the lake
. . . of CR
. . . of some of the fireworks through the trees
4) You don't actually see much of MK.
5) As mentioned above, Standard rooms are better for this.

Dicecatt262
08-16-2007, 01:10 PM
We had a pool view, and it was fine.
The best view of MK from the WL is actually on the boat ride over. I think that was one of my favorite parts of our vacation!!!

With the $600 you'd save - make a dinner reservation at that restaurant on top of the Contemporary that actually has the best view of Wishes (OK experts - please correct me with the actual name - is it the Concourse Steakhouse or something?). You'll still have $$$ to spare!!!

Have an absolutely MAGICAL honeymoon!!!

California Grill!

I recommend Courtyard View. We had a fantastic view, you could see the electrical water pageant from our balcony!