PDA

View Full Version : Disneyquest questions

mickeys_princess
08-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Ok so im sure this has been discussed before but someone please explain Disneyquest to me. Once you pay to get in are all of the games included or do you have to pay separate for those. Is it like a token system like at arcades? What type of games are there? How long should we plan to spend in there?

Thanks!

robhink
08-14-2007, 06:45 PM
Most all of the activities and games are included in the entry fee, there are some prize play games which you earn tickets for scores which is additional fee.

There are a number of special custom attractions which let you design and ride a roller coaster, paddle down a jungle stream, fight pirates and such, along with some old time arcade games.

I've gone there a couple times and usually spent like 2 to 3 hours there, it will depend on the day of week and time of year as to the crowd level

glenpreece
08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
When I go to DQ I usually only spend an hour or 2. I am not in video games all that much so I do the experince ones like Jungle Cruise, Pirates Space Mountain and Comics. Then I grab some cheesecake and out we go for more fun at DTD. This time I think I may be there longer since my brother likes video games we'll probably be there for several hours.

grumpyguy
08-16-2007, 09:40 AM
their are video games both old & new.air hockey tables,interactive games,video simulators and so on.we easily spend 2-3 hrs
each time,we try to go at least twice per visit.
if you're into arcade style video games its a no-brainer..:mickey:

chrisb26
08-16-2007, 01:16 PM
When we went we got there around 8 and stayed unil it closed which I believe was about 11 so we stayd for probably around three hours. It was alot of fun. We thought you would have to pay an entry fee along with paying for games however we where wrong with that. The only games I can think of and there are not many that you would maybe have to pay to play are "Claw" type games where you can win a prize. But you really don't have to play them. There are so many games to choose from there. They have many different types of racing games. About five different versions of Dance Dance Revolution. Shooting games. Fighter games and so many more. They have an entire section of games that where very old probably some of the original arcade games. Aside from the arcade games they have other games to play as well. Like a buzz ride where your in a little car and shoot balls at people and make them spin, there is a pin ball type game, a pirates game where your on a ship and you either drive or shoot the cannons, they have a Jungle cruise game where you have to paddle through the rivers, they have superhero game where you have to stop the bad guy. Oh and the best part you can make and ride your very own rollercoaster it was so much fun. This place was alot of fun. We did everything in about the three hours. However it wasn't terribly crowded some of the games are taken up alot so keep that in mind when you go. Hope you have fun :thumbsup:

thrillme
08-16-2007, 01:53 PM
Depends on how many people are there. My DS and I are CyberMountian nutz and we can spend a LOT of time there designing our coasters. I'm majorly addicted to the Star Wars racing game so for us...spending 5-6 hours sometimes more is EASY.

Once you get in you're good to go. A small handful of ticket redemption games, claw machines and of course FOOD/Drinks...other than that you can play till your eyes cross and your hands go numb.

Tink#64
08-17-2007, 12:27 AM
I was asking these same questions last year! We took DS's then 8 & 10 & we got there when they opened & stayed about 5+ hours! I had read that it was less crowded in the morning. We probably still had 30 minute waits for some of the more popular attractions, which kind of surprised me. But some things we had no wait at all, so it balanced out ok. The POTC was my fav, DS's fave was the Cyber Space Mtn, & trying to get mom & dad sick on their created roller coasters! The virtual reality attractions where you had to wear the helmets weren't that great for us. We all thought the headgear was very heavy & hard to control. We really liked Buzz Lightyears Astro Blaster, it was like bumper cars! My DS's most enjoyed the Create Zone. There they created music CD's & toys at Sids Create A Toy. We let both boys decide which of their creations they wanted to buy & bring home. You could take lessons on how to draw a Disney character & some other creative attractions. We probably spent more time there than any other section. Besides the creations we bought, we only spent money for lunch. So once we paid our admission we really didn't need to spend any more. We really had a good time, it's a confusing lay out though. We had fun & we were tired when we left.

We had a blast there! :thumbsup:

AdventurerKim
08-18-2007, 10:13 AM
We always head to Pirates first and ride as many times as we can depending on crowds and how long the line takes. Then I go play my favorite 80's video games with mom in tow while my husband and father go ride Buzz Lightyear bumper cars as many times as they want. We spend around two hours there and go two or three times on a trip. We did the animation class once which was fun. We never miss DQ! :mickey:

mainemajor
08-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Thanks for all the information about DQ. We head out tomorrow morning and now its on our lists of must dos.
:thumbsup: