PDA

View Full Version : please tell me....

nicole48040
08-14-2007, 04:38 PM
O.K., I got the Visa cardholder discount for Nov. In order to get it I had to give up our water view (POR) but saved $478 which was great. I didn't want to lose the water view BUT I could not justify paying $478 for it. My question is this....is there still any possibility that when I get there we could upgrade to a water view for just the water view price, not the whole $478????? I just wanted to know if I should ask or not bother. Also does that lock me into a specific room in a specific area, or can I still request certain buildings, etc?

MMouse6937
08-14-2007, 06:52 PM
Not sure that I get your question totally, but if you want to ask at time of check in if there's any chance for an upgrade, there is no harm in asking. They may offer you one or they may tell you it's $$ or say no. You can also try to request a building/room or whatever. I always wait until check in as I'm not sure how effective it is beforehand. Depending on the CM and how busy they are you might get your requests, but nothing is ever guaranteed. Have a good time!

princessjojo
08-14-2007, 07:49 PM
We stayed there last June and I didn't request a waterfront room because like yourself, I didn't want to come off the extra $$. We therefore opted for a "garden" view, I think that is what it was. It was actually a beautiful view of the trees in the courtyards of Acadian House. Really, the only waterview rooms I can think of were around the quiet pool and by the river and they weren't all that impressive views IMO. There could have been some that I didn't see or notice, but regardless, I think as long as you aren't looking over the parking lot, any of the views are great.

Have fun and enjoy the resort.

Dicecatt262
08-15-2007, 10:29 AM
Honestly, for both POR and POFQ, water view is overrated. Since the rooms open to the outside, it isn't as if you can sit outside and enjoy the water view, and you can't see it from in your room anyway, and even if you could you wouldn't want to keep your curtains open with people walking past your room.

When you check in, you can inquire about an upgrade, and see what they say, they'll tell you if there is a cost involved. But I would have downgraded in a heartbeat to save the money, those are two resorts I'll never book water view. I will pay for it at other places, but not there. The view of the water isn't usually very good.