PDA

View Full Version : Best Desserts to Order at Chefs De Frances?

AliceinDisney
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM
Anyone have any reccomendations? Me and S.O are going there Sept 23rd for lunch :)

r4kids
08-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Oh gosh where to start! We have been through the little dessert store there. I can't recall anything by name so I will describe some for you. There is a strawberry tart that is wonderful. It has soft flaky crust with a fresh strawberry filling and large strawberries on top with whip cream. Some of the chocolate treats are: cream puffs, pastry layered with chocolate creamy filling, fruit with chocolate. There are alot of fruit and chocolate type things. It is an amazing array of treats we LOVE the stuff here. I recommend taking your time when going through. There has always been a line when we have visited. It is not the sugary junk you get at your local grocery store bakery either. It all tastes fresh and delicous. 38 days until we visit!!!!

EyeLuvDisney
08-14-2007, 04:20 PM
I can't remember any of the desserts because my absolute favorite item is their French Onion Soup.

Everything there is great, but I LOVE their soup that it is the first thing I order and everything else is just food after that.

Every year we go we make sure that Le Chefs de France is part of our dining. My wife orders way more than her stomach can handle because she loves everything.

You will not be disappointed!!!

Trey

LauraF
08-14-2007, 04:48 PM
Creme brulee avec une Madeline (a type of meringue).
Tres yummy!

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 05:35 PM
I'm normally a big fan of creme brulee but at Chefs, we like the Profiterolles au Chocolat (creme puffs with chocolate and vanilla ice cream) or the Crepes Melba.

They used to have the most delicious crepes with hot fudge and vanilla ice cream, but no more.

TheRustyScupper
08-15-2007, 12:09 PM
1) We really enjoy Chefs.
2) For dessert, we recommend
. . . one of ANYTHING on the menu
. . . one of ANYTHING on the second shelf of the dessert cart
. . . two of ANYTHING on the top shelf of the dessert cart
3) I think I have covered our recommendations.

DestinationWDW
08-15-2007, 02:24 PM
I had the apple crepe with vanilla ice cream last week - very yummy!:thumbsup: