PDA

View Full Version : SBETigg’s Wrapped in Magic Grand Vacation Pre-trip Report

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Dates: August 19- 29.
Grand Floridian, Lagoon View.

Cast:
Sherri: aka SBETigg,38, longtime WDW fan.
Sean: DH, 42, desperate for a vacation.
The DS: 16, still willing to be seen with parents at WDW.
The DD: aka SunshinePiglet, 14, shares love of all things Disney,

On August 19th:
Our trip starts bright and early, as we have to get up at 3 am to make a 6 am flight. Landing at MCO by 11 am and hopping on the DME bus to begin a fabulous family vacation. We’re checking in to the Grand Floridian seventeen years to the day of our Disney GF honeymoon. Plan to check out room and head straight for the MK, then on to Epcot.

The Plan:
Ten days of park hopping with the water park option. Visits to all parks (MK, Epcot, AK, Studios) several times each, as well as stops at Typhoon Lagoon, Downtown Disney, DisneyQuest, and mini-golf at Fantasia Gardens.

Also, the Pirate and Princess party, some afternoons lounging poolside/beachside (drink in hand:marg:) at the resort, and some SeaRaycer fun on the lagoon. Will we fit it all in? Who knows, who cares! The bottom line: Eleven days of fun and sun taken at a comfortable pace.

Dining plans(yes, we're on the Dining Plan):
San Angel Inn (lunch), Sci-Fi Dine-In(lunch, snacks, oop)

Dinners:
Biergarten, Raglan Road, Rose & Crown, Kona Café, Narcoossee’s, Boma, Le Cellier and a very special anniversary dinner for two at the California Grill.

Most looking forward to: Being back in the Magic(riding the ol' favorites), trying Everest for the first time, and exploring the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Flying Home:
Late, after a last hurrah in the MK, just in time for DD's high school orientation and the release of my third novel, and book promo/touring excitement.

In-depth report to come in September (and maybe some surprise live reports, we'll see!).

Thanks for reading.

LibertyTreeGal
08-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Have fun, don't forget to have someone slap a "Dream Squad Me!" sign on your back ;)

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Have fun, don't forget to have someone slap a "Dream Squad Me!" sign on your back ;)

Gosh, wouldn't that be great? But I feel spoiled enough as it is, so it's okay if no extras come to me.

This is probably our last big family trip, maybe our last trip for awhile, because DS will be headed to college and I'll be faced with the tuition bills.

RedSoxFan
08-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Sounds like a fun relaxful vacation planned. Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

sgdisney
08-14-2007, 01:05 PM
Hey Sherri, I'll be looking for you in England on the 19th! My countdown clock is down to under two days and I can't wait to get away to the magic. I hope you and your family have a great trip!

BronxTigger
08-14-2007, 01:26 PM
I'll be looking for you in England on the 19th too! (You know what I look like....but don't expect me to have PhilHarmagic glasses on at Epcot!)

It sounds like you have a really great trip planned. Enjoy every minute of it!

disneydrmr
08-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Hope you have a magical time! Looking forward to those reports! :mickey:

shan-ash
08-14-2007, 02:00 PM
Your plans sound great!! Enjoy your trip!
:mickey::party:

faline
08-14-2007, 02:22 PM
What terrific vacation plans! Have a wonderful time! And..happy anniversary!!

gauvin4
08-14-2007, 02:34 PM
Sounds like a fantastic vacation Sherri. I can relate to the "last big family trip" idea. My DD is 16 too and our Christmas trip will probably be our "last big family trip".:(

DizNee143
08-14-2007, 03:56 PM
sounds like you are gonna have a wonderful time in disney with your family..seems it will be relaxing and busy at the same time...cant wait to hear all about it when you guys return!!! :mickey:

Tink's Mom
08-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Your vacation plans sound simply magical! :cloud9: Our anniversary is August 28, and I wish we were celebrating there. Have a poolside drink for us!

Bethanymouse
08-14-2007, 04:22 PM
You are going to have a magical time! lets just hope that this tropical storm goes the other way! We are down there on the 20-31st so we are hoping for nice weather. What type of novels do you write? I am a reader and would love to check them out! Have a great vacation!:cloud9:

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 05:46 PM
You are going to have a magical time! lets just hope that this tropical storm goes the other way! We are down there on the 20-31st so we are hoping for nice weather. What type of novels do you write? I am a reader and would love to check them out! Have a great vacation!:cloud9:

Last time we were there, we had Hurricane Wilma. I don't want to become the harbinger of hurricanes, so it had best stay away! :)

I write women's fiction with a paranormal twist, but it is being marketed to look a lot like romance. My previous books are historical romances. Clicking on my home page will show you more. I'll be doing some signings in NJ, one of the big ones is in the Woodbridge area.

murphy1
08-14-2007, 07:20 PM
Hi Sherri!! I hope you have the best trip ever!!! I'm finally on Harry Potter 6 thanks to the library (book 5 almost got me), so am definitely going to put your book on my list!! Very excited for you! I really love Halloween and paranormal stuff, even have a little "out there" ability myself, but I keep that to myself most of the time :secret:

Post your pics and report, am curious how you like San Angel Inn again, too.

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 07:32 PM
Thanks, Shari. I'm going to have to figure out how to post my pictures when I get back.

Caroleh
08-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Have a great time Sherri!!! I also can relate to the last trip for a while thing, since we're buying our first house, so payments will take over!!

January-2007
08-15-2007, 03:48 PM
I hope you and your family have a wonderful vacation! You have definately put your time into planning, so I hope everything is as calm and wonderful as anticipated! :mickey:

Lizzie
08-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Have a great vacation!

princessgirls
08-17-2007, 10:59 PM
Have a terrific time!

Sounds like you planned a great trip.

Julie:mickey:

DisneyorBust
08-17-2007, 11:21 PM
Can't wait to read your reports of what is sure to be a magical trip!

SunshinePiglet
08-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Haha, I keep on forgetting that you already wrote a trip report.
Of course, it has a cheesy name because you wrote it. It's fitting, though. After all, every WDW trip is wrapped in magic.
Anyway, thanks for the comments, everyone! I hope that we can get some rest, just a little, before the big day; it will certainly be hard, though. :mickey:

vizsla
08-18-2007, 06:53 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.