PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Test on Monday *Updated 8/21/07*

Momof2boys
08-14-2007, 10:43 AM
Let me just say that it's been 14 years since I've had to take a test.

Earlier this year, my company *suggested* that we work towards our PMP (Project Management Professional) certification. So, a co-worker and I joined a study group back in the beginning of April to help us prepare for the test. That group went for 12 weeks and since the end of June we've been studying together.

My test is on Monday at 5:30pm and I'm TERRIFIED ! It's a 4 hour test, 200 questions, and unfortunately it's not an open book test. Passing is 61%. I've spent the majority of the last 5 months focused on phases, knowledge areas, formulas, and sample questions. But I'm still a nervous wreck. School was never my strong suit ;)

So if you have some spare :pixie: lying around, I'd appreciate some for a good week of studying, and a passing grade.

Thanks much :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
08-14-2007, 10:49 AM
I'm sure that you are going to do great on the test. Try to relax when you are taking it and remember to take deep breaths. Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for your passing score;):thumbsup:

MsMin
08-14-2007, 01:12 PM
The power of suggestion is very powerful. Try to avoid telling yourself negative things about the outcome or test. When going to sleep the night before keep repeating to yourself that you will do well, you will be relaxed and the answers will come easily-- it works- but like Tinkerbell only if you believe.
Sending loads of :pixie: for great results.... Sounds like you are well prepared.

SBETigg
08-14-2007, 01:33 PM
:pixie: :pixie: Best wishes for you to be able to relax and do well!

conorsmom2000
08-14-2007, 01:41 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: Best of luck on the test - I know you'll do great! :thumbsup:

bleukarma
08-14-2007, 01:47 PM
Good luck!!! :pixie: It sounds like you're well prepared! :mickey:

January-2007
08-14-2007, 02:44 PM
Here's more :pixie: for you, taking tests, never a fun activity! :pixie:

offwego
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
Best of luck..

I also do these kinds of tests quite often and have some tips if you'd like.

First of all, pack extra pens, pencils even a spare calculator or ruler if you might need one to draw out a graph etc. Knowing you have an ample supply is one less thing to worry about.

2. If you can "check out" where it is the day before do so, nothing ramps up stress like thinking you may be late because you can't find the room.

3. Eat a balanced lunch (I'm guessing it's a night time exam) and a nutrious snack about an hour or so before, also bring a bottle of water if you can. (oh and a bio break before you go in is a pretty essential thing too!)

4. Get a good night sleep the day before, if you need to walk around the block etc to make sure you sleep.

5. Resist the urge to cram like crazy..sounds like your already prepared don't try and mess with it!

And relax..work focused exams are often much easier then the ones from school. After all this is something you are already doing every day!

RedSoxFan
08-14-2007, 03:44 PM
Good luck with your test. I'm sure you'll do fine. Just relax and take a deep breath.

ElenitaB
08-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Nat's already given you most of the basics... you do this stuff every day for work so don't get too fritzed out about it! Get a good night's sleep the night before and be sure to drink lots of water (on Sunday and Monday AM) to keep the gray matter hydrated. I have no idea why, but my mom always made us eat fish the day before a test, saying it was "brain food."

But sharpen up those number 2's and walk into that test with a lot of confidence, knowing that you have prepared well! Best of luck to you and here's some :pixie: so you relax and do a great job!

SodaPopMGK
08-14-2007, 08:55 PM
Sending :pixie: for you. Best of luck, I always tell my kids to take a deep breath and just do the best you can, that's all anyone can ask of you.

princessjojo
08-14-2007, 09:10 PM
Girl, I am with you on that one. After being out of college for 15 years, I went back to nursing school. Boy it's kicking my can.

You will do fine as you have been preparing extensively and thoroughly. I'll send you some extra :pixie::pixie: to get you through. Natalie has some great tips for you. Again, you'll do fine.

chrisb26
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
I know how you feel. Although I'm still in College and take tests alot I still get the Nerves sometimes. I'm sure you will be fine and do good on your test. You have been preparing for it for a very long time it seems like. Just make sure like others said try not to cram at the last minute. My Psyc teacher told us that there is something in the brain (cant remember at the moment :blush:) that after an hour of studying makes you stop learning. So just study and take breaks it helps :)

Here is some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for you!

Good Luck on your test you'll do great!

DVC2004
08-15-2007, 11:42 PM
Sending some pixie dust up north to you- you are going to do fine!:thumbsup:

Momof2boys
08-21-2007, 11:13 AM
AND PASSED ! ! :joy:

Thanks to everyone for the pixie dust, well wishes, and support. The test was really hard (much harder than I thought it would be) but I made it through.

Thanks again ! You guys rock !

Here's a round on me :

:marg::beer::marg::beer::marg::beer::marg:

RedSoxFan
08-21-2007, 11:30 AM
Congrats Amanda. That's awesome. You must be so relieved. Gotta love the power of pixie dust.:thumbsup:

January-2007
08-21-2007, 11:36 AM
:congrats: We knew you could do it! :party:

DVC2004
08-21-2007, 12:47 PM
Congrats- you passed and it's over!:beer:

SodaPopMGK
08-21-2007, 02:46 PM
:congrats:

LauraF
08-21-2007, 02:53 PM
Awesome!
I'm studying for mine right now so I can't wait to pass and be done with study sessions.

Congratulations again!

ElenitaB
08-21-2007, 03:49 PM
Congratulations, Amanda! We knew you could do it! :thumbsup: