PDA

View Full Version : Lunch foods to-go at Pop or Coronado Springs?

becbec
08-14-2007, 10:11 AM
We are planning to go to Sea World for the day during our Nov.-Dec. stay, and I'm trying to plan the best use of the Dining Plan. Do Pop and/or Coronado Springs (we're still deciding) have any kind of lunch foods to-go, so we could pack them for our day "away"? I thinking of pre-wrapped sandwiches or something like that. I would bring a small collapsable cooler, and would get some ice from the hotel. Thanks for your help!

MsMin
08-14-2007, 10:22 AM
The food court does have a pretty wide variety @ Pop. I know there were things in the cooler but I didn't pay close attention to them.
We used our last CS on meals to go b/c we drove. Remember it goes by # of nights and I usually have more days than nights so skipping a CS works great for us. There are lots of snack items too that will make a great "take along"
Have a great time.
Maybe someone else can give you more details on exactly what is in the wrapped containers. :blush:

gauvin4
08-14-2007, 11:08 AM
I stayed at POP last spring and remember seeing pre-wrapped sandwiches and salads.

January-2007
08-14-2007, 02:23 PM
Of those two resorts I only know about Pop Century. They have premade sandwiches in the grab and go area. We only got the turkey with brie and cranberries but they also had some kind of ham and cheese sandwich. You could use snack credits on precut celery and carrots with ranch dip or cut apples with caramel dip too. And bottled drinks. Cookies, along with chips and rice krispee treats. Lots to choose from that can be toted in a cooler. Happy planning!

LandFan
08-14-2007, 03:59 PM
Pop does have pretty decent sandwiches! The turkey with brie and cranberries was great! I was pleasantly surprised at the availability of items - even though I can't remember any other specific items they had :blush: It all looked good :thumbsup:

grego77
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
very large variety at POP. You can get everything from sandwiches to tie-dye cheesecake (YUM!). Coronado Springs has a MUCH smaller selection...as I remember, mainly sodas, waters, and chips. They had sandwiches too...but again, not as much as POP. As to where to stay, I LOVE Coronado Springs. It is my favorite WDW resort for it's sheer beauty. The rooms are larger and the pool is awesome. It's more money, but it's SOOOO worth it....trust me!!! :mickey:

becbec
08-15-2007, 08:22 AM
I think we've decided on Coronado Springs. We're looking at an 8 nights stay w/park hopper and dining plan. POP had no Visa Disney packages available, but CS did, put the price difference at $150 more for CS. Sounds like it's well worth it!

I guess we'll miss out on the better sandwich selection at the POP, but I think I can live with that!