PDA

View Full Version : January

tinkfan2
08-14-2007, 09:08 AM
We are planning a week at wdw the week of January 13-20. Anyone have any info on crowds and weather?

Thanks, new to intercot

Twinkletoes77705
08-14-2007, 12:41 PM
!st of all Welcome to intercot. You will find ALL the info you need here. I think intercot has what I call professional Disney World fans.We are going the 17-22nd and from what I have read the crowds are low and the weather is unpredictable. It can be cold one day and nice the next. My mom went in January and loved it. She just dressed in layers and had a light jacket she could tie around her waist as it warmed up. If it is hot you can only take off so much, but cold you can just add more. I looked at the rainfall and it is one of the lowest months. Not the lowest but is lower than others. Is this your first trip?

Disney Doll
08-14-2007, 01:36 PM
You might see slightly larger crowds at the end of your stay due to the MLK Day weekend. However, we have found crowds to be very manageable in January so I wouldn't worry. The weather can be unpredictable. We were there a few years ago and saw some record breaking lows. Pack a little of everything just in case. Usually we wear jeans and tees with lightweight jackets that we can remove in the heat of the afternoon. I think it's a great time to go. Nothing beats the low crowds and cool temps. I couldn't survive a Florida summer.

dmallan
08-14-2007, 03:10 PM
We are going in January as well, 8th - 14th, and looking forward to low crowds, and mild weather!

mickey-mouse35
08-14-2007, 07:13 PM
:welcome: We went to DW for our honeymoon in January and LOVED IT!!!! Low crowds, mild weather (beautiful in the day and chilly at night)! Some rides/attractions will be closed because it's the slow season, but not too many IMO. Just expect unpredictable weather and pack for everything, but you'll love it! :mickey:

faline
08-15-2007, 06:04 AM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

January typically features some of the lowest crowds levels of the year but, as noted, the weather can be quite unpredictable.

We were there in January 2007. The weather was pretty chilly throughout our stay - jeans and sweatshirts required. We did have one day that would have been warm enough for swimming. Others reported that we missed some very summer-like weather by just a few days so you just never know what you'll get!

dmallan
08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Speaking of attractions closing for refurbishment, I haven't seen too many scheduled for January. How far in advance do they typically make those decisions?
Hopefully, we won't be disappointed when we get there and find that one or more of our favorites are closed!!

BiloxiMom
08-16-2007, 03:24 PM
Love, Love, LOVE January!
We went this past Jan. and it was amazing. Now, it was cold. There were a few days I was concerned about taking my 2 yr. old out... during the daytime even. We dressed in layers and by mid day were usually down to a sweatshirt and jeans. We went to the Pirate/Princess party and it was the MOST fun we've had at any WDW party. We found out later that there were only 1,000 in attendance. Imagine, 1,000 people in the MK!:party:
I'm looking for a good week to go this Jan. and a discount wouldn't hurt either!

Zimkeeper
08-16-2007, 03:45 PM
For those of you going in early January, don't forget about the Walt Disney World Marathon. The Marathon Weekend dates for 2008 are Jan. 10 to 13. While the crowds at the parks are not too bad, the resorts are generally crowded (especially Value & Mods) and there are many detours through out the roads of WDW. If you are going to the parks on these days, it is best to use WDW transportation.
We have been there 3 times over Marathon weekend and have not had any problems using WDW transportation. Other than the Marathon, the January crowds are very managable, but you do have to put up with more attraction closings than busier times.