PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines

massachusetts
08-14-2007, 08:16 AM
I received this notice from Southwest:
"On August 23, we plan to open the schedule for purchase through March 7, 2008! "

Jeri Lynn
08-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I am getting so discouraged watching the fares on Southwest. We are flying down 11/25 to 12/2 and I have not seen one decent fare on Southwest from Hartford, Providence or Manchester....

Top that with not being able to get the disney visa package deal for the BC, I'm pretty discouraged!!

crazypoohbear
08-15-2007, 12:32 AM
I have been checking SW (even though I already purchased tickets on Jetblue) and I noticed that even the ding rates were higher than the 148.00 I paid on Jetblue.
I thought that SW was suppose to be really cheap???

CAS
08-15-2007, 07:22 AM
Really cheap? That depends on your flight schedule and destination. What they pride themselves on is simplicity and punctuality. You can usually find better deals on the discount websites: Expedia and Travelocity for example. Sign up for the alerts for these websites and they'll email you when your fare drops or a special comes along.

I rarely fly Southwest as they're not the cheapest in my market. That usually ends up being American or Continental.

LauraF
08-15-2007, 10:40 AM
I am getting so discouraged watching the fares on Southwest. We are flying down 11/25 to 12/2 and I have not seen one decent fare on Southwest from Hartford, Providence or Manchester....

That's because you're flying around Thanksgiving, the biggest travel time of the YEAR. There are some fares kicking around for $104 each way, but at off times.

BigRedDad
08-15-2007, 11:36 AM
11/25 is a Thanksgiving travel date. I doubt there will be any specials for that date. 12/2 is a Sunday as well which rarely has lower priced fares. There are not too many great deals at the moment on many airlines. They are still paying a premium on jet fuel. This will come back soon. If you want cheaper flights, you need to plan your travel away from Sun/Mon/Fri.

tyandskyesmom
08-15-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't think it so much has to do with travel dates as it does with increased cost of fuel...

We flew last year on Thanksgiving and flew back eleven days later...on a Sunday. We did get some pretty cheap fares...not as low as I have ever seen them go but decent.

We are now looking for January and the fares are much higher than I expected so I am hoping they will go down soon!

Good luck!

139 more days!!!