PDA

View Full Version : The Nanny Diaries (in theaters August 24)

NotaGeek
08-14-2007, 04:18 AM
This is an adaptation from one of the funniest books I have ever read, and I really hope the movie delivers! Laura Linney and Scarlett Johannson (not to mention Chris Evans :heart:) are all super, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

Check out the Yahoo Movie Page (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809355974/info)of the Official Nanny Diaries Website (http://www.thenannydiariesmovie.com/) for the trailer, so what do you guys think?

BronxTigger
08-14-2007, 06:54 AM
Yes, the book was great. I read it through once, and I've also listened to it on audio book. I hope the movie is as funny as the book is!

Melanie
08-14-2007, 09:04 AM
Eh, I just can't get that excited about Scarlett Johannson. Sorry. :unsure:

AvonleaCF
08-14-2007, 09:22 AM
I love the book, but from watching the preview I'm not sure the movie will give the book justice. I pictured Mrs. X as an Ice Queen, but in the movie she just looks neurotic.

TheDuckRocks
08-14-2007, 09:32 AM
I love the book, but from watching the preview I'm not sure the movie will give the book justice. I pictured Mrs. X as an Ice Queen, but in the movie she just looks neurotic.

My goodness I was just going to post these exact thoughts. I will go to see the movie though.
I'm not a big fan of Scarlett Johannson either Mel, but I do think in this role she will be OK.
Oh, another thing about the trailer.....what was the deal with the thong? I swear with age my memory isn't as great as it should be but I don't remember anything like that.

Momof2boys
08-14-2007, 10:46 AM
I read so few books that get turned into movies, that I always end up disappointed. I think I'll wait for Pay Per View.

DisneyCouture
08-14-2007, 11:17 AM
The book was so funny and an easy read, I am hoping that they stay true to the story. A lot of the time they add in things that alter the best part of the book, they did this with Devil Wears Prada. I like Scarlett, hope she plays the role well.

NotaGeek
08-14-2007, 04:08 PM

i TOTALLY agree. She bugs ...

janebanks
08-14-2007, 05:00 PM
I own the book and have read it several times. I do plan to see the movie and hope it doesn't disappoint.

LauraleeH
08-14-2007, 05:09 PM
I really want to see this, but I haven't read the book yet. I'm going to wait until after the movie.

ChipnDaleGal
08-15-2007, 06:16 AM

You know I am on that train with you, Mel. I just love Laura Linney, and Chris Evans is a cutie pie, but I just can't watch Scarlett. :(

PirateLover
08-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Never read the book. I think the trailer looks kind of funny. I think my opinion is the opposite of most of the posters so far however... I am not a huge Laura Linney fan. I like her in some things, I'm not sure if I like her in this based on the trailer. And I don't have a problem with Scarlett Johannson... in fact I think she is one of the better young actresses around.

Carol
08-16-2007, 10:43 PM
I LOVED the book. I will not see the movie. Not a Scarlett Johannson fan and do not 'see' her as Nanny. :nono:

I swear with age my memory isn't as great as it should be but I don't remember anything like that.Not your memory. It didn't happen.

I really want to see this, but I haven't read the book yet. I'm going to wait until after the movie.Actually - I suggest you read the book first. It really is a quick read. Movies are always so different.

disneynarula
08-19-2007, 10:37 PM
I am not a huge movie goer so I am not familar with any of these actors:blush:. I am going to go see this because I loved the book.

Carol
08-21-2007, 09:46 AM
I am going to go see this because I loved the book.Me too and that's why I will not go. From the trailers it looks like they've rewritten a lot of scenes to make the movie about Nan and HH. In the book that was pretty much a backstory. I would have liked the focus to be on Grayer, Nan and Mrs. X's relationship. :twocents:

LauraleeH
08-28-2007, 10:44 PM
I saw the movie with my cousin and mom today and we all absolutely loved it. I might even see it again.

I would like to get the book now! I usually see movies before I read the book, even though most people say that I should do the opposite. I just prefer it that way.

By the way, usually I am not a big Scarlett fan but I loved her in this!

LauraleeH
08-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Me too and that's why I will not go. From the trailers it looks like they've rewritten a lot of scenes to make the movie about Nan and HH. In the book that was pretty much a backstory. I would have liked the focus to be on Grayer, Nan and Mrs. X's relationship. :twocents:
If you don't see it in theaters, at least consider renting it. There was some good scenes with Nanny and HH, but the movie was definitely more about Grayer and Mrs X.

disneynarula
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
I just go back from seeing the Nanny Diaries. It didn't really follow the book (surprise, surprise).

There were some similar situtations but not really. It did focus on the Grayer/Mrs. X plotline and not so much HH.

The other sub characters were completely different.

I enjoyed it but am glad that I had a free movie pass to see it. It sure wasn't worth $10.