PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth The Golden Age (in theaters October 12)

NotaGeek
08-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Ok, the next movie coming out that looks absolutely amazing is Elizabeth The Golden Age. Cate Blanchett returns to her Emmy Nominated Role (IMHO she should have taken home that statue!) and BOY this movie looks powerful!

Check out the Official Elizabeth the Golden Age Site (http://www.elizabeththegoldenage.net/) or the Yahoo Movie Page (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809426394/info) to check out the trailer and other cool info.

Is there anyone else out there excited for this movie?

prttynpnk
08-14-2007, 07:05 AM
I am very excited! I love her work and anything with Elizabeth I's life in it should be fascinating.

LibertyTreeGal
08-14-2007, 08:20 AM
I think it will be beautiful, but the first movie was so historically inaccurate (I've probably read every major work on the life of Elizabeth I) that I couldn't really enjoy it.

I spent all my excitement on the first one, and they made decisions in that movie that have to be followed through into this one, so..... no I'm not really excited anymore. :(

NotaGeek
08-14-2007, 04:11 PM
I think it will be beautiful, but the first movie was so historically inaccurate (I've probably read every major work on the life of Elizabeth I) that I couldn't really enjoy it.

I spent all my excitement on the first one, and they made decisions in that movie that have to be followed through into this one, so..... no I'm not really excited anymore. :(

I think I remember that in the last movie it didn't claim to be a biography of her life, it was just a movie. I can't be sure, but the movie was amazing, I didn't go into it thinking it was going to be an exact story line, so I loved it.

threeh
08-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I can't wait!!! Also looking forward to the Other Boleyn sister. Woo Hoo!!! elizabethean England. Love it!!!:thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
08-19-2007, 10:52 AM
I am a real junkie for all things Henry the 8th and Elizabeth. I just loved the first movie that Cate Blanchett did on Elizabeth. She made me feel like I was watching the real Elizabeth as she must have been, so smart, brave, and controlling. I will be a fan of Cate's for life due to that performance. I am very eager to see this second part of Elizabeth's journey. The trailer is just amazing!!!

On a side note, I am also looking forward to "The Other Boleyn Girl". Not only about Henry the 8th, but starring my all time favorite actor Eric Bana. I can not wait for December!!!

TooGoofy
08-20-2007, 07:12 AM
I literally got chills watching the trailer! I too am a huge fan of anything that has to do with Elizabethan England. I can't wait!