PDA

View Full Version : The Jane Austen Book Club

Melanie
08-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Has anyone seen the trailer for this? Or better yet, anyone read the book on which the movie is based?

I've never even heard of it until today. Looks like a great cast (Marc Blucas :clappy:). I think I'll see it when it comes out next month. :thumbsup:

janebanks
08-14-2007, 04:55 PM
I have the book and LOVE it. I think any Jane Austen fan would enjoy it. I heard about the movie a while ago and plan to see it.

ChipnDaleGal
08-15-2007, 06:20 AM
I will have to look for the book. I am very excited about this movie! Love Jane Austen, so that is enough to peak my interest. Throw in Marc Blucas and I am so there!! :D

Melanie
08-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Awwwww-love the avatar, Donna! :chip: :dale:

SBETigg
08-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I thought the book was only okay, to be honest, but I will probably see the movie.

valjane
08-23-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm a HUGE Jane Austen fan, but couldn't even manage to get through the first chapter of this book.

I might or might not see the movie.

NotaGeek
04-21-2008, 01:47 AM
Ok, so I was a year late ... but OMG I totally LOVED this movie! I was bored and went to Blockbuster today and it just jumped at me ... and of course since a few of my best pals have been talking about this movie for a while ... I did it. WOW! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Melanie
04-21-2008, 03:26 AM
You're not a year late Michael, just about six months. ;)

Glad you liked it. I need to watch it again. Seems like I kept getting interrupted the first time I watched it.

MNNHFLTX
04-21-2008, 11:10 AM
Ok, so I was a year late ... but OMG I totally LOVED this movie! I was bored and went to Blockbuster today and it just jumped at me ... and of course since a few of my best pals have been talking about this movie for a while ... I did it. WOW! :thumbsup::thumbsup:I watched it this weekend too, Michael, and really enjoyed it. It's one of those movies that leaves you pondering the details afterwards. :D

mdhiggin
04-21-2008, 11:58 AM
A friend recommended the movie to me. After I saw it, I had to go to the library and get some Ursula LeGuin and Jane Austen which were referred to in the movie. I read a lot, but had never read either of them.

Aggie97
04-21-2008, 02:11 PM
I read the book a few years ago and thought it was pretty good, but not great. I haven't seen the movie yet. It's on my to-rent list, though! :)