PDA

View Full Version : Which Building at CBR???

Disneyfirsttimer
08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
:cheer: My 200th Post :cheer:

We originally paid for a preferred room and requested Martinique (where we stayed our last trip). When the discount came out today, to get it, I needed to accept a standard room (no preferred available for discount). I was OK with that (we saved $677!!!).

My question - what building would you request if not preferred. I was thinking either Aruba or Jamaica. Any opinions?

Thanks!

Karyn

fatboy
08-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Jamaica seems like a good location. I will be there in Sept for the fourth time. I love it there.

BelleLovesTheBeast
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Jamaica seems like a good location. I will be there in Sept for the fourth time. I love it there.

This is my first trip to this resort. Usually we stay at CS. Is there anything I should know about the resort that isn't on the WDW website? Have you eaten at Shutters? We were thinking about trying it since we can't get a reservation at Coral Reef.

minnie-mouse
08-27-2007, 02:41 PM
You can't go wrong with either, Both are the same distance to OPR and are next to each other.

DDuck66
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Jamaica man!!! We have stayed there several times and we always try and get Jamaica. It is directly across the bridge from the food court, main pool, and shops. Makes for a nice evening walk, but not too far for tired aching feet.

rnin02
08-27-2007, 05:34 PM
Jamaica! or Aruba. We stayed at Jamaica are first trip, and it was fabulous...a perfect distance to Old Port Royale, and is such a beautiful walk. Our 2nd year we stayed at Trinidad South and it was not fun:( Well, it was still fun, but the walk to OPR was not fun, and you really feel cut off from the rest of the resort, I think its because you have to cross an actual road (not walking path) to get to the rest of the buildings. Anyway, try for Jamaica or Aruba.
We ate at Shutters one visit, but I honestly don't remember if we liked it or not. I guess that probably means it was okay, since I remember very well the ones we really like or really dislike. Have fun!

cheshirecollector
08-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Our 2nd year we stayed at Trinidad South and it was not fun Well, it was still fun, but the walk to OPR was not fun, and you really feel cut off from the rest of the resort, I think its because you have to cross an actual road (not walking path) to get to the rest of the buildings.

Trinidad South is the only one like this, luckily. If you don't get Aruba, Jamaica or the non-preferred buildings at Martinique, take Barbados. It's not cut off from the main area like Trinidad South, just a bit of a walk is all. And you can't get closer to the Customs House for check-in/out than Barbados.

I personally prefer Aruba or Jamaica because of the walk across the scenic bridge to get to the food court.