PDA

View Full Version : Which one is better for discounts.

Deesdisney
08-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I have been reading alot about discounts out there from AAA to Visa to annual passes. Which one is the one that offers a better discount most of the time? I only get to go beginning of Dec. and First two weeks in Feb.

vamaggie
08-13-2007, 07:39 PM
If you have all 3 (AAA, Disney Visa & APs) I would contact Magical Journeys and see what they can get you for the week(s) you want to go. Debbie was able to run a whole bunch of differenct scenarios for us before we decided what to do. Magical Journeys truly is the best TA around!!!!:number1:

mulderxcoltrane
08-13-2007, 08:22 PM
Can't speak for AP - but with the new specials out for Disney VISA holders - that special is better than a AAA discount.

Spaceship Tigger
08-14-2007, 07:12 AM
The AP is usually the best discount. Back in the good 'ol days you could get AP discounts at certain times of year of 30-40% off. I think these have been reduced quite a bit, but they're still usually a bit better than the AAA or other discounts.

CanadianWDWFan
08-14-2007, 08:07 AM
It all depends on what you want.

You buy an AP to get access to the parks for a year, so there is kind of a discount there. But, you might not be able to get the room discount at the time you want. We have always booked our room first with the AAA discount hoping to get the AP rate. Once the rate comes out you can change your reservation.

The AAA room discount isn't bad. It is more readily available but it isn't as good as the AP discount.

AAA Package discounts sometimes can be pretty good. We booked AAA package once and we save at least $150 each off the price that Disney quoted for the for of us.

I agree with booking with MJ.:number1: They can advise you as the best way to get any potential discounts. They keep on top of your reservation, you don't have to do anything.

Sorry I can't comment on the Disney Visa discounts. I wish I could, but you can't get that card here in Canada.:(