PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Christmas Party

letsdoitagain
08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
My wife and I will be going to WDW in Dec . '08 for our 10 yr anniversary. We are going to get tickets for Mickey's Christmas Party. Is one night enough? What is the celebration like? I can't wait to see everything decorated for Christmas. :mickey:

Jared
08-13-2007, 06:27 PM
One night at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party is probably sufficient. In December, virtually everything is decorated for the holidays. The special Magic Kingdom event is fun but expensive. Enjoy the atmosphere without shelling out the extra cash.

LoriMistress
08-13-2007, 06:29 PM
You will have to buy one ticket per person. If you purchase them in advance then you will save extra money. Most people enjoy MVMCP and some think they could have spent their money better. DH and I have never been, but we will be going twice this year. I will give a full detail trip report so you can see my reviews and you can decide from there if it's worth it for just a married couple to do (let alone, twice.)

MsMin
08-14-2007, 10:09 AM
My youngest is now 22 and we've done it the past 4 years but not twice. I think it depends on whether you are already paying for a ticket to get in too. Remember the dates closer to Christmas sell out - often by a month before and many wknd dates sell out. We enjoy it and it has sort of been a tradition.

Aggie97
08-14-2007, 11:04 AM
DH and I went to MVMCP this past December and had a fantastic time. (We also had gone previously in Dec. 2000). I would say you will be just fine with one night.

Be sure to catch the fireworks from the Main St./hub area and the second parade. We did not have to stake out early spots for either of these. We found the park was really crowded for the first parade but cleared out very steadily after that.

We enjoyed the show in Tomorrowland, Mickey's 'Twas the Night Before Christmas. Be sure to get there EARLY to get a seat. We also liked the Dickens carolers in Liberty Square, who were taking song requests.

We did ride several rides - the lines definitely got shorter and shorter as the evening wore on.

Toward the end of the evening, the lines for photos with characters were nonexistent. So we got wonderful photos with Beauty & the Beast and Donald at his Christmas Tree Farm in Fantasyland, which was a treat for us because we normally don't like to stand in character lines and potentially take away opportunities from kids! :)

Also be sure to check out the Osborne Lights at the Studios. I would highly recommend the Candelight Processional at Epcot, and the Christmas decorations at the Grand Floridian and Wilderness Lodge. Have fun!! :mickey:

magicman
08-14-2007, 11:05 AM
We did it a couple of years ago, and we thought it was really special & fun for one night of our stay. I do think one night was sufficient.

I thought it was worth it because of the unique shows, parades, & character interaction. I still remember my whole family dancing with the characters in FantasyLand until midnight. It made for some very, very special memories.

The Hitchhiking Ghost
08-14-2007, 01:17 PM
One night is more than enough. We did it in 1999 and again in 2005, and there really wasn't any specific changes to the program. Chances are that by 2008 the ticket prices will be around $45 each for this special event.

There really are no decorations that appear specially for this event that are not already in the park. What you get is a chance to see the Christmas Day Parade, some special shows (Tomorrowland, Castle foreground, fireworks, storytelling) and a majority of the rides are open all night. They have cookie and hot chocolate stations throughout the park, and there may be more character sightings than usual.

We are thinking about going back down again this December, and if we do we'd probably skip MVSCP. It's fun, but at an extra $90 for two people, there are other things I could do.

Highly recommend that you take in the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. It's free and I believe it's offered three times a night. It's incredible and our favorite Christmas highlight. Osbourne family lights over at MGM should not be missed either. They are on every night, weather permitting.

DisneyTwinsMommy
08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
My DH and I went to the MVMCP last Dec while we were on our honeymoon and we just LOVED it... I would recomend that you do all of the "special" things like shows, parades, fireworks, etc. and only go on rides if you have time since you are paying for all of those extras... I dont know if you need to go twice, but it really is lots of fun... (I have to note, when we went, we had just had a beautiful christmas themed wedding, the weather was cool and crisp, and I was feeling very festive and romantic... it COULD have aided my good time..) I also would recomend the Osborne Lights, now that they dance too, it was one of the most awesome things I have EVER seen...

princessM0m
08-14-2007, 04:25 PM
One night is enough, but make the most of that night. Use the schedule of events to plan your evening. I would suggest seeing a later show of Mickey's Twas the Night Before Christmas (or get there VERY early for the earlier shows) and the later parade as well. Both events are DO NOT MISS. Stake out your place for the fireworks in front of the Crystal Palace so that you can run in for hot chocolate and cookies while you wait.

TammiMcMan
08-14-2007, 09:37 PM
Whether or not you want to purchase tickets for MVMCP depends on what dates in December you'll be visiting Disney. Prior to the week of Christmas, the only way you can experience the shows, special fireworks, "snow" on Main Street and Christmas parade is at the party. Personally, I think it's wonderful and you can get it all done in one night.

Other things not to be missed during the holiday season, is the extended version of Illuminations, Christmas around the World and the Candlelight Processional at Epcot. The Osbourne Lights at MGM are pretty amazing, but I would try to get their early. The line gets very long. There are also special "sleigh rides" offered at the Wilderness Lodge and you may want to set aside some time to visit the resorts. They are decorated beautifully.

If you enjoy the decorations, there is a seasonal tour that Disney offers called the Yuletide Fantasy. That may be something you'd be interested in.

princessM0m
08-15-2007, 11:40 AM
you may want to set aside some time to visit the resorts. They are decorated beautifully.

Don't forget the life-size gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian!