PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival

GAN
08-13-2007, 06:03 PM
Has anyone seen, or know when the list of wine seminars(the free ones) will be posted? We'll be there for the opening on the 29th and I'd like to know what wineries will be represented that first week. Thanks!

mickey-mouse35
08-13-2007, 07:52 PM
ooh, good question! Hope someone knows...

GAN
08-14-2007, 11:52 AM
bump...

Crow
08-15-2007, 09:29 PM
i will be there the for opening too and that will b a priority for me also

TheRustyScupper
08-16-2007, 11:23 AM
1) So far, I've only seen the fee-based activities.
2) And, boy are there a lot more of them this year.
3) F&W is getting more popular and folks are willing to pay.
4) I hope the free seminars aren't diminished.

SimbaandNalasMama
08-16-2007, 02:18 PM
i too am looking forward to the free seminars. we wanted to do party for the senses, but couldnt justify the cost. poo, i was looking forward to it. not to worry, its not like there isnt PLENTY to see and do and taste!! hope you all have fun!

chick20679
08-16-2007, 02:41 PM
It doesn't seem like anything I've read has anything about the complimentary wine seminars... did they get rid of them altogether?
There's info on the 'history of beer in america' (Sam Adams) complimentary tastings, and the complimentary 'beers of the world' seminar in the UK gardens, but all of the wine tastings mention something about 'purchase' or 'for sale'...it sounds to me like the complimentary part of the wine seminars doesn't exist anymore... bummer, dudes. (of course, I could be wrong about ALL of this....... hopefully????)

sagessa
08-17-2007, 03:43 AM
In the past, information about the free seminars has not been available until the festival is officially open. Guidebooks will be available throughout the park, and assuming they don't change anything this year, all wine tastings and free culinary demonstrations will be listed in the guide.

Rachel R.

Crow
08-17-2007, 08:31 PM
ill see what happens that first weekend. i can go w :beer: if theres no wine freebies.

Natazu
08-18-2007, 03:55 AM
In the past, information about the free seminars has not been available until the festival is officially open. Guidebooks will be available throughout the park, and assuming they don't change anything this year, all wine tastings and free culinary demonstrations will be listed in the guide.

Rachel R.
Yes, that's correct. You're getting good at this, dear.