PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian concierge levels ?'s

bleukarma
08-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I know it sounds crazy to start planning a trip at the end of 2009 but it will be my great aunt’s 75th birthday and she wants to stay at the Grand Floridian. Even though it’s two years away, I need to start saving now! Since it’s a big birthday for her I was thinking of surprising her and going concierge. What is the difference between “Lodge Concierge”, “Main Lodge Concierge”, and “Deluxe Concierge” (besides price).

Thanks!!! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-13-2007, 06:33 PM
Lodge Concierge is located in the Sugar Loaf building. It's still very convenient to the main building and transportation options, but you do have to walk outside. The way the building is setup on the property, you are limited in your view choices. One side of the building overlooks the marina and the other overlooks the center courtyard/pool area. A marina view may give you a view of the fireworks, but you won't see the castle. Room options are standard concierge and suites. There are also 3 of the larger lodge tower rooms that are available by request only. There's no additional charge for these rooms, but they can't be guaranteed in the Sugar Loaf building. In terms of the lounge, that's located on the ground floor of the building. It feels alot like a bed & breakfast, with the food area, couches, chairs, tables and the desks for the concierge staff. There's no view to speak of and no TV's in the lounge, but it's a relaxing spot on a hot day.

The main building houses what's referred to as the Royal Palm Club. The concierge level is located on floors 3, 4 & 5 and the interior balcony overlooks the main lobby below. It's super convenient to the monorail. Requestable views include castle, courtyard and beach/lagoon. The concierge staff is located on the 3rd floor, along with a nice sized balcony that no one ever uses. The lounge is on the 4th floor and offers lots of seating, kids area, windows that overlook the courtyard and a couple of TV's. In the evening, the ambiance can't be beat. While you sip on your wine or glass of Baileys, you can hear the GF Orchestra playing on the balcony below you. Rooms here include standard concierge, honeymoon rooms, suites and deluxe rooms.

Deluxe concierge actually is just a reference to a deluxe room on the concierge level. They're available only in the main building and range from honeymoon suites with king beds and jacuzzi tubs, to larger square footage rooms with 2 queen beds.

Hope that helps.

bleukarma
08-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Thanks that helped a lot!!!!! Would you happen to know if there is a difference in food with the Sugarloaf concierge building and the Main building concierge? I've heard that the Sugarloaf food options are small compaired to the one in the main building.

Thanks!! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
08-14-2007, 10:05 AM
Would you happen to know if there is a difference in food with the Sugarloaf concierge building and the Main building concierge? I've heard that the Sugarloaf food options are small compaired to the one in the main building. That's a thing of the past. At one time, Sugar Loaf had a very limited lounge offering and you could only get the wine and cordials in the Main Building. That's no longer the case and both offer the same food amenities.

The food itself is a bit on the gourmet side, but always well done. I also love the fact that the GF is one of the few club levels that offers an afternoon tea.