PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Mike return to the Poly day 4

MR.MIKE
08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Return to the Poly Day 4 and 5.

oday is Wednesday August 1st

No early breakfast today, just headed over to Epcot for the rope drop. My sister and law and 2 of my nieces stayed at the resort to sleep and tale care of the lost ticket problem. I thought they would have had a much harder time since we did not but the tickets from Disney.
In fact what saved her from buying a new ticket was that the 3 remaining tickets were numbered (for example) 01, 02 and 04.
They figured she didn't buy 2 tickets then have a stranger buy one and then she bought more. So they issued her a ticket. :thumbsup:

We did soaring and used the babay swap. They give you a fastpass that we were told was good for 3 people.
Then TestTrack where there was a huge line for the fast pass machine. the machines werent working and a cm was giving out the passes. I heard her say that they would soon be out of passes and sure enough abit later they were closed. This was around 11:30.

This was another ride my 9 yo daughter refused to ride all these years but somehow we hot her on and she liked it.

By this time we met up with my sister in law and nieces and walked to Italy for Lunch. We were 30 minutes late but were seated right away. I'm one of those who loves this restaurant and had another great meal here. Am I upset they aer closing? Well, not if the next place is just as good.

Let me tell you something strange that i noticed about our meals.
We are a party of 10 and i know that the tip is automatically included in the bill.
I used my DDE card for the 20% discount which was great. At first i gave the DDE card and when they came back with the bill I'd give my room key to charge it. Later on i realized I should save time and give both cards together.
Each time i gave the DDE card alone the 18%tip was included. When I gave the DDE card and my gold roomkey card the tip was never included.
I even asked one waitress who didnt serve us and she said it must be on there and when she looked for me she told me it wasn't. The waiter at Italy even made a point to tell me the gratuity wasn't included. Hmmm

We shopped in Italy after lunch, bought some Christmas items and I bought cologne for myself.

We watched the entertainment in the courtyard and then we split up again. Some stayed and I took the younger ones back. By the time they got we were hungry againa nd ordered room service which was very good. A bit later it started to rain. I took some of the kids over to the contemporary to the arcade. When we got back the rain had stopped and we had another quiet night

Thursday August 2nd

Our last full day.

Most of our party was tired of egtting up early so I took just my older son and daughter to EMH at the MK. There were a lot of people waiting to get in but we got a lot done in that one hour. Almost got my daughter on the Pirate ride but she wouldn't go. I then told her if she would get on I would take her back to Disney before school started in semptember. She agreed but she wanted mommy there too not just me. I told her we would be back tomorrow morning before we left and she had to go one if she wanted to come back. My son still didn't so space mountain but said he wanted to do it someday. Then he reminded me he did Splash Moutain so i had to take him back. I had to agree with his reasoning so now it was up to my daughter.

About 10am it started to rain and I told them lets keep walking..who cares if we get wet? My daughter sort of did but we kept going...
Saw the new Monster Inc laugh show. Not the greatest thing in the world but I enjoyed it and would do it again. I'd rather have a monster inc ride. It rained most of the day and we did room service and the arcade again. That evening after the rain stopped my sister in law went to that circus show called ummm sirk de so lay (phoenetically speaking) They enjoyed it. My family went back to the MK and as we passed the pirate ride there was a 10 minute wait!! I told my daughter this was her chance...if she went on she'd be coming back to Disney... She started to cry a bit but I decided to be a mean parent and made her keep walking.
I told her there were 3 rides in Disney.
Rides everyone can ride including babies, rides that babies can't ride but her age could and rides that her age could ride but that I wouln't let her go on (Mission Space, Rock N Roller)

I told her that when she got off she would tell me she was acting like a baby and that it was so easy. She kept shedding tears but we got on. I held her very tight as it got dark and told her hear comes the drop...I said look at your 3 yo sister and 10 month old brother...they are goig to like it too. Well the drop came and guess what? Her exact words to me "I'm acting like a baby, daddy"
Finally!! another ride conquered!!!
She told me to I had to take her back and I said I would.

Let me say the Figure of Johhny Depp theyhave in there is scary!!! It looks exactly like him. I wouldnt have been surprised to see the actual Mr. Depp get up and walked way. He looked that real!

After a few other rides we went back to the Poly and watched our Last Wishes. :(

Tomorrow we had to leave.

sgdisney
08-13-2007, 04:09 PM
Congrats to your daughter for conquering her fears (with a little prodding from dear dad). And reading your report reminded me to make copies of my Park Hoppers to take along, just in case........

I guess I'll have to wait for your final installment to find out if your son made it to Space Mtn on your last day.

diznee_buzz
08-13-2007, 04:22 PM
My dad forced me on SM when I was 12. I have thanked him for it ever since! :mickey:

Can't wait to hear about your DS!!

faline
08-13-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm glad your daughter was able to overcome her fears! What an accomplishment for her!

You certainly are having a wonderful trip!

starrmomof2
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Sounds like a successful day. My DS8 also refused to even try many rides that I know he would have enjoyed. After growing up a little and trying out some 'more adventurous' rides at our local amusement park and enjoying them, I'm hoping the next trip will be a success as well.

shan-ash
08-13-2007, 06:27 PM
It's crazy how fast time goes when you're vacation!!!!;)

Bethis26fan
08-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks for sharing, looks like you'll be back real soon. :)

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 09:10 PM
Thats so great she rode Pirates. Now she will have something to look forward to on her next trip.

pdrlkr
08-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the report :smickey:

Bethanymouse
08-14-2007, 01:23 AM
I am glad to hear that you had such a magical trip at the POLY! Thank you so much for bringing us along!

January-2007
08-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Thanks for reporting! :thumbsup:

iheartmickey
08-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Sounds like a fantastic time!

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

offwego
08-14-2007, 09:51 AM
I'm glad you got on the new pirates!! Thanks again for sharing your trip with us.

LottaLubes
08-14-2007, 07:07 PM
Hurray for your daughter! It is so much more fun when the entire family can enjoy the rides together.

I'm glad everything worked out with the tickets...close call!

DizNee143
08-16-2007, 04:30 PM
yay!! im glad you got your daughter on the ride...and most of all im glad she enjoyed the ride!! so when are you going back now?? lol :mickey:

vizsla
08-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Thanks for the report.