PDA

View Full Version : character meal for teen boys

septembergirl
08-13-2007, 01:50 PM
Any suggestions?

Cinderelley
08-13-2007, 02:01 PM
My teen boys would pick Liberty Tree Tavern for a character meal, but they enjoyed dinner at O'hana's and Whispering Canyon Cafe much more.

SBETigg
08-13-2007, 02:03 PM
My teen boy would rather not waste the time involved for a character breakfast, if that's any help. They all involve an equal amount of torture for him. It's something he'll do and consider it something he just has to get through for the sake of others in our travel group. It really depends on the boy. Some boys that age might actually enjoy being fawned over by the princesses. Some might not want anything to do with princesses and want a more Mickey-oriented meal. Good luck with it!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
08-13-2007, 03:20 PM
Some boys that age might actually enjoy being fawned over by the princesses.

...sometimes the older ones like it too! :blush::secret:;)

Chris :hatter:

DVC2004
08-13-2007, 06:10 PM
You should ask them. I'm just speculating, but I think most teen boys would not enjoy character meals. They'd probably be embarrassed,:blush:

BronxTigger
08-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Every family trip, we have gone to Garden Grill. I'm not sure it's the best character meal, but it's become a tradition and the revolving thing with the dioramas is cool too. Plus, my brother's favorite characters seem to be the Chip and Dale, and they are at Garden Grill (with Mickey and Pluto).

princessimagineer
08-13-2007, 06:45 PM
NOT 1900 park faire ..... prince charming tends to get flirty....

septembergirl
08-13-2007, 07:17 PM
You should ask them. I'm just speculating, but I think most teen boys would not enjoy character meals. They'd probably be embarrassed,:blush:

Yes, I know, I know. But I have 2 other younger children who I know would really enjoy it so I am trying to decide what might be the lesser of 2 evils! LLT or CP?

SBETigg
08-13-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes, I know, I know. But I have 2 other younger children who I know would really enjoy it so I am trying to decide what might be the lesser of 2 evils! LLT or CP?

Choose for the food and experience, and for the younger kids. The older one will probably be happy to go along for either one and appreciate good food. But I do think the LTT one has a character range my DS could tolerate more. The CP one seems a little more geared to the younger kids.

LoriMistress
08-13-2007, 07:41 PM
To play it safe, I would go with LTT.

chicade88
08-13-2007, 08:35 PM
NOT 1900 park faire ..... prince charming tends to get flirty....

lol :funny:

wendy*darling
08-13-2007, 09:43 PM
My teen boys actually went along with anything we chose- and we didn't even have any little ones to keep amused. DH & I enjoy at least one character meal every trip (even when we don't have the kids with us!).

I even took them to Norway's princess breakfast when it first opened (they were 15 & 18 then)- only because I wanted to see it first hand so I could report more acurately here on INTERCOT. They go for the food!

Truly- they have always enjoyed Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace - the food is great at both, and the characters can be fun.

I think LTT is good too, but my boys enjoy the buffets, because they can "escape" the interactions if they want by going up for more food... just a thought. ;)

I would also let your older DS plan at least one meal of his choosing- just to be fair. My kids loved Sci-Fi at the Studios and 'Ohana at the Poly.

Cinderelley
08-14-2007, 12:46 AM
My boys vote for LTT. Chip & Dale's antics were more amusing for them than Pooh & friends. The only advantage CP had over LTT is the fact that it is a buffet. I'm sure you know how teenage boys are when it comes to eating. ;)

LibertyTreeGal
08-14-2007, 08:28 AM
With the way my six year olds fawn over the ladies, I can only imagine that Akershus Princess meals will be the way to go when they become teens :rolleyes:

Magic Smiles
08-14-2007, 07:50 PM
As I have never done a Character Meal and was determined too this upcoming trip, we decided on a breakfast. My DS is 15 and decided if he had to, then we could try Chef Mickey's. Now that is booked he is also thinking about the new breakfast that is to open up in Animal Kingdom at the Tusker House. If luck has it, I might get 2 character breakfasts out of this trip. DS definitely did not want princesses! DH would be just as happy with no character meals, but will tag along to keep me happy.