PDA

View Full Version : Mr.Mike's return to the Poly Day 3

MR.MIKE
08-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Today is Tuesday July31st.

Before i get started I'd like to say there is a nice ending by the last day on the subject if my daughter went on pirates and my son on space moutain.

We started with an 8am breakfast at MGM at Play and Dine. I was happy to see an option to get into MGM early and my 3 year old daughter would enjoy this. As usually happens to me on EVERY trip i forget how cold the room is compared to the outside temperature and my camera always fogs up when I take it out to use it. So I didn't get any good pics of MGM being empty.

The food was good but unless you really know the characters it can be boring for the older ones. I doubt I would do this one again. Once out of the restaurant you can only walk back to the "main street" and wait at the rope drop. Mk is a bit different since you can head in so many directions.

I did enjoy being at the rope drop and followed the crowd to rock n roller coaster. Went on with my neices and bought the very funny picture of us on the ride. Knowing they take the picture right away i smiled for it but it came out pretty scary looking.

We hung out for the High School Musical pep rally but althought the tunes are catchy (espescially if you know them) the show was a bit boring and that is coming from my 9 year old daughter.

Next we went to the Stunt show which we missed 2 years ago. My son is so into any sort of crashes with cars so he loved it and we got to see the Power rangers outisde the stadium. My neice and I skipped Tower of Terror because we ..were...umm too tired.. yes ...we were very tired.

My younger ones were exhausted fromthe heat so as everyone went to Indiana Jones we went back to the Poly for some rest and arcade time.

No dinner planned tonight, everyone just snacked as we had to head over to the Boardwalk by 8pm We took a bus from the Mk to the Boardwalk and walked down to the lake.

This was the last surprise for my neice as i booked an Illuminations cruise.

Here is the boat
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/peter1706/Disneyjuly2007251.jpg

We cruised around the lake to MGM and back and then parked under the bridge next to England. We could see the lower part of the Uk area where we head our dessert party when we head the vow renewal in 2005. Our boat driver was good. He said he was from NJ and therefore coudl handle us New Yorkers. After we tied him up and pushed him off the boat we moved up for a closer view . Jussst joking..

He was great, he loved his job you could tell and told us he never got sick of watching the show. I'm the same...I love the music, the fireworks.. i could sit there every night.

After the show he went aroudnthe lake again to let enjoy the night for a little while longer. It was very nice. I do believe it is the best way to watch Illuminations.

I planned the cruise for this night because Epcot had EMH and figured we could walk thruough the park to get to the monorail. We didn't plan on my sister inlaw losing one of her park passes.

Luckily the CM at the ticket booth let us all in and we'd have to figure it out later. The Big epcot rides had huge lines so we went on the new Nemo ride and then my neices stayed in the park while the rest os us went back to the room.

ahhh love turndown
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a262/peter1706/Disneyjuly2007090.jpg

shan-ash
08-13-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for sharing the pictureof the boat for the Illuminations cruise. That's what we are planning for our next trip.
Sounded like another great day:)

faline
08-13-2007, 12:25 PM
What a great surprise! Another fun day for your group!

iheartmickey
08-13-2007, 01:12 PM
You are doing my dream trip! Staying at the Poly concierge, and then the Illuminations cruise!!! WOW! If my Disney budget allowed those are both my must do's!

Sounds like a wonderful day. Thank you for sharing so I can live vicariously through you! :thumbsup:

starrmomof2
08-13-2007, 04:53 PM
Sounds like so much fun; we only did early EMH once last year. I'm going to convince my crew that it really is worth getting up earlier to get things done before the crowds arrive.

Bethis26fan
08-13-2007, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a great day, thanks for sharing.

Jeff
08-13-2007, 08:01 PM
Loved the report! :)

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 09:00 PM
Wow! What another great day. That is a great surprise for the family.

pdrlkr
08-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the report :smickey:

Bethanymouse
08-14-2007, 01:16 AM
Another fabulous day! Glad you enjoyed Rockin roller coaster. It is always fun to go on with new people! Thanks for the pics- I love seeing them!

January-2007
08-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Thanks for reporting!! Sounds like another amazing day! :cloud9:

offwego
08-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Your cruise sounds amazing. We did the wishes one but DH would love the Illuminations one.

DizNee143
08-16-2007, 04:25 PM
another great day and another great surpise..sounds liek you all had a good time today!! :mickey:

vizsla
08-17-2007, 05:35 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
08-17-2007, 08:51 AM
The Illuminations cruise sounds amazing! Thanks for the report.