PDA

View Full Version : Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces

Alpha Jeanie
08-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Who has ever eaten at the Food & Wine Festival Marketplaces?

Our ADR's for Teppanyaki for Oct. 5th were just cancelled because of the delayed reopening of the restaurant until Nov. 15. The restaurants that are still available that night in the World Showcase are not my first choice. Since it will only be me and my husband, I am contemplating not making any ADR's that night and just eating at the Food & Wind Festival Marketplaces.

What are your thoughts on just grazing thru the marketplaces for dinner? What countries marketplaces have been your favorites in the past? Do you know if the marketplaces count towards Snack credits or CS credits on the Dining Plan? Can you use your key to the World to charge at these marketplaces or do you need to pay cash? Do the marketplaces stay open all day/night or are their special hours that they are open?

Thanks for any info.

Lynn J Mc
08-13-2007, 04:52 PM
I have done this for lunch and could easily do it for dinner. I am planning on my husband and I going back and doing this the whole time we are there. I loved the shrimp on the barbie at Australia and the cheese soup at Canada. USA had crab cakes the year I was there and they were pretty good. There were lots of other things I wanted to try but didn't get to sample. And then there's always a turkey leg if you for some reason don't get full. You can use Snack credits and your key to the world or credit cards at the various kiosks.

mickey-mouse35
08-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Never been for F&WF but am planning to do just that this October and snack around the world for dinner.

However, if you do feel you want table service, do any of the restaurants at the Boardwalk appeal to you--it's an easy boat ride.

wendy*darling
08-13-2007, 08:36 PM
The various food booths make for a nice meal. :thumbsup:
We usually just get one item from a particular booth, share it and then move along to the next one. It's fun and you never feel stuffed... there's almost always room for another "taste."

You can use Snack credits for some of the items (most anything under $4). And you can use your Key to the World to pay. I will insert a word of caution here... be prepared with cash "just in case."
I have been there when the computer system was not functioning and no DDP or credit cards were working. Sure, it probably rarely ever happens, but I would always be prepared. These are all temporary kiosks and their network can be sensitive at times. 99% of the time- all will be fine.

wdwfan
08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
Alpha Jeanie did you mean opening Oct. 15 instead of Nov. 15? I just called after I read you post and CM said opening is Oct. 15. They have events for F&W and it will be completed for the opening of the festival.
I have adr for 11/7 and called to see if I needed to change.