PDA

View Full Version : POP Refillable Mugs

marlas73
08-13-2007, 11:11 AM
Are there refillable mugs at the Century POP Hotel? If so, how far is the station? What items are available? Is it worth it?:confused:
We are a party of 9, so whould like to know if it can be an option.

Thanks!

Strmchsr
08-13-2007, 11:52 AM
Yes, POP has the refillable mugs. Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/accomodations/mugs.asp) to go to Info Central to get the details. The mugs are used at any of the drink stations in the food court.

To me, they're worth it as a collector's item, but I also enjoy having them in the mornings and evenings when we get back from the parks. The more you're at the resort the more "worth it" they are.

GrumpyFan
08-13-2007, 12:41 PM
The drink stations are located in the food court (Everything Pop) which is in the main building. We always get the refillable mugs. We will usually fill the cup in the morning when heading to the busses, and in the evening when returning from the parks.

All of the fountain drinks are available (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root Beer?), plus milk, coffee, hot chocolate, apple juice and orange juice.

marlas73
08-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Thanks! I think we will get the mugs. Any other tips willbe appreciated!!!!! Anything that will help us have a wonderful time at WDW.
Will be there in just a few weeks :thumbsup:

magicofdisney
08-13-2007, 08:17 PM
A mug cost $11.99 and holds 16oz without ice. A coke product from the cooler cost $2.50 and holds 20oz. After 4.8 cooler sodas, you'd spend as much as the mug. 4.8 cooler sodas equals 96oz. It will take 6 refills to equal 96oz using the mug. If you think you'll get more than 6 refills, without ice, it's worth it to get the mug. :mickey:

I think my math adds up. :)

MickeysEars
08-13-2007, 10:00 PM
this does not pay for us because we are eating in the parks most days

scooterca42
08-14-2007, 01:08 PM
We got them last time we were there and they were amazingly practical - DH went for coffee while I set out breakfast (which we brought) and then we'd have one when we came back for pool and nap in the afternoon, and another when we got back at night. The hot chocolate was great - hope they still have it!

septembergirl
08-14-2007, 01:27 PM
[QUOTE=GrumpyFan;1385983

All of the fountain drinks are available (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Root Beer?), plus milk, coffee, hot chocolate, apple juice and orange juice.[/QUOTE]

How about iced tea?

JPL
08-14-2007, 01:30 PM
They do have Ice Tea not sure what kind it maybe Nestea Cool or something like that.

JoDisney
08-16-2007, 05:55 AM
POP has slushies, also.

marlas73
08-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Don't look at me like Ima from out of planet, but what is a slushie? What is it made of?

jakeofwildwood
08-16-2007, 12:59 PM
Hmm, how to describe a slushie? Ever watch the Simpson's. The Quik E Mart sells Squishies (same thing). It is like a drinkable water ice/Italian ice. Shaved ice with fruit juice flavoring, just the thing after a hot day. Last time I was there they had blue raspberry and cherry.

BelleBeauty
08-16-2007, 01:05 PM
The slushies/icees are my favorite. I would cool own with a blue raspberry one every day when we took a break from the parks.

For MickeysEars who said it wouldn't pay because you will eat at the parks everyday. We eat at the parks every day too - very rarely do we eat at the hotel. However, you will still want something to drink when you wake up, if you take a break in the middle of the day, when you get back from the parks, or before bed. Even if it is just water (a bottle will run you $2.50 a pop) it is helpful. \

I would say our mugs pay for themselves within a day and a half.