PDA

View Full Version : Roo Girl's Quick Getaway- Aug 12th- Last Day & Final Thoughts

Roo Girl
08-13-2007, 10:49 AM
August 12th- OKW Resort
Cast of Characters:
Roo Girl- Stacey, 33
Animator Todd- DH Todd, 34

Sunday, August 12th
Slept in this morning in anticipation of tiredness and the need to pack. 10:30am ADR for Boma (yay! Another favorite, especially for breakfast.) Funny story: we're on line waiting for our made to order omelette and there is a fellow guest waiting for his. Well, a manager-type CM appears and tells him that he needs to check in w/ the podium, apparently he just walked right in and seated himself!! He did not speak English well but c'mon- how can you not realize that people are checking in and being seated like pretty much EVERY other TS in WDW?? He pitched a fit but went to the podium and was properly seated. I hate to think he does that at each ride!! Line? What line?? hahahaaa

Boma was excellent as always. I do wish they were quicker w/ drinks/coffee- by the time I'm getting into my omelette my coffee still hadn't arrived. No caffeine = issues!!! hahahaa

Headed over to AK. I have to say I was dreading this because, to me, AK feels hotter than all the other parks on a regular day- imagine how it would feel today!! Stuck to the shady spots. E:E said 60 minutes but it really felt like much less- maybe it is all the stuff to look at...AWESOME ride. We've ridden it many times but this time, in the very first seat, was really fantastic!! We almost bought the picture- our expressions were very funny. DH and I like to try to learn where the cameras are and make funny faces or do funny things (like read the park map on ToT) to amuse ourselves. Got a FP for Dinosaur and then hit ITTBAB. Both were awesome- Dinosaur scares me every single time!! I am a huge adrenaline junkie who will ride anything but still it scares me- I don't know how the little ones do it!

Sidebar: Ok, the line for E:E was 60 minutes posted time but easily it was way less than that. That said, a family that was a couple folks in front of us on line stepped out of line w/ their child- thankfully at a point where the line snakes outside, for their child to RELIEVE himself right there, by the side of the line. This child was not an infant, which MIGHT have been a bit more Ok with us, but at least 7 or 8 years old. In that heat, I can only imagine what kind of loveliness the rest of the line experienced from that puddle, no wait- it was a RIVER. I'm sorry to gross you out but WHO DOES THIS??? I mean, I've read how parents need to step out of line to run TO the bathroom, which we mostly agree is A-OK when it comes to a child. But to do it right THERE?? I was not only offended but grossed out!! I mean, do they do this in their own home?? Why is this OK to do at WDW?? (OK, I'm off my soapbox.)

Left AK after Dinosaur w/ the intention of hittle a Cracker Barrel on the way to MCO. Another funny story: as we're waiting for our biscuits and gravy to arrive, the fire department rushes in! And then carries the cook out on a stretcher! If that isn't a sign that we shouldn't stick around, I don't know what is!! The food was awesome as usual and we're still here to say it!

We needed to refill the rental car tank before returning to Hertz- has anyone else experienced this delight? The nearest gas station, also the most convenient, are highway robbers to the max! Price gougers!! Everywhere in Orlando the gas price is around $2.85...how much at the gougers? $4.39. They have the GALL to charge that knowing they have you and can charge whatever they want. Who do I contact about such thievery?? There is no reason for that. Gas is expensive enough. (I'm off my soapbox now...)

Final thoughts:
DH and I expected that our quick getaway would leave us spent and tired. No so. We took it easy, mainly because we had to in that heat, but also because we wanted to just enjoy ourselves and the parks without the fast paced frenzy we usually have. I am now home from the trip, at work, catching up on a couple days out of the office and I can honestly say I'm rested. Still dehydrated (:mickey:) but rested.

The parks weren't as packed as we anticipated. No line was longer than 20-30 minutes, with the exception of E:E which was gladly waited on since it was our last day and FPs were for after our departure time. Folks were mostly well behaved (save for the family on line at E:E above), kids were red-faced and parents were losing their cool here and there. Even I got my knickers in a twist by the last day at AK. It was just too hot for patience any longer!! OKW was just OK...I will stay there again but probably in a 1 bedroom and I will steer clear of Building 22- too far in the back and no one puts Baby in a corner. (Sorry, couldn't resist.) I very much enjoyed all the parks and all the CMs and all the Nestle Tollhouse cookie ice creams I could get my hands on.

Up next: Disneyland in November!! Countdown has begun!!

JWDisneyFan
08-13-2007, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you had a great time and found ways to keep cool in the heat!

shan-ash
08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Great report!!!!:mickey:

iheartmickey
08-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Sounds like a nice trip overall! Some familys' have no class! I would NEVER let DD or my nephews relieve themselves in public like that EVER!!! We took DD last time when she was 2 and a few months. We never had a problem getting her to a bathroom on time! YUCK! And she was newly potty trained!

Sounds like you had a good time despite a few bumps here and there. I enjoyed reading your reports. Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

faline
08-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Gld you enjoyed your quick weekend getaway!

DizNee143
08-13-2007, 03:16 PM
some people are just amazing..that is so gross what they did...i would of walked by and said something loud enough for them to hear!! lol its what i usually do!!
anyway...
sounds like you and your hubby had a nice quick trip...thanx for sharing it with us!! :mickey:

gauvin4
08-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Thank for the report. You sure did get alot done for a quick trip!! :mickey:

NLODisney
08-13-2007, 05:25 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip, I love napping at Disney! We had an encounter at the outdoor seating area at Pecos Bill's once where a mother allowed her son about 7 or 8 also to releive himself right by their table. Another guest got a CM who came over to talk to them but of course no speak English!! Some people just aren't raised right.

Bethis26fan
08-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip.

TennesseeTink
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
no one puts Baby in a corner. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

:rotfl: Now that's funny...

Great report! Thanks!!!

pdrlkr
08-13-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the reports :smickey:

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 09:58 PM
Thanks for all the reports, it sounds like it was a great trip.

Bethanymouse
08-15-2007, 01:32 AM
It sounds like you had a really great trip! I am glad that you were able to hit your favorites and enjoy table services as well. Thanks so much for sharing! happy november planning!:mickey:

DestinationWDW
08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
We found Epcot to be the hottest - no shade at all :thedolls: Didn't get much done at AK either other than EE, Kali then Bug's Life - left our bags (my shoulder bag/camera bag) inside stroller seat while viewing Bug's Life (as we usually do, stupid I know) - when we came out - Bags Gone! :( Well that ended our day at AK - went to guest relations to make a report. Thankfully DH had camera around his neck and only accessories are gone. Sadly nothing found or returned......CMs very kind though - did refund our $130 stroller rental tix - but had to report to guest relations daily 1st to get tix for that day - :-o - really held us up some.....esp since bags taken day 2 of 8.....hard lesson learned.....also tip we learned - unused stroller tix DO NOT expire and are refundable!:)

princessgirls
08-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

Sounds like you and your DH had a wonderful trip!!

Your fellow NJ friend,

Julie:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 03:39 PM
Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

January-2007
08-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I am glad that you two had a nice little trip despite the heat and nastiness in the EE line. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. And have a blast at Disneyland. It is amazing out there!! :mickey: