View Full Version : Roo Girl's Quick Getaway- Aug 11th

Roo Girl
08-13-2007, 09:51 AM
August 11th- OKW Resort
Cast of Characters:
Roo Girl- Stacey, 33
Animator Todd- DH Todd, 34

Sat., August 11th
Up early and out the door for my FAVORITE breakfast ADR- Kona Cafe. So great- I can still taste the Kona coffee...why won't they make this available everywhere?? DH and I split the Tonga Toast and the Steak & Eggs - we ate until we thought we'd burst but it was worth it!!

Drove over to MGM and immediately grabbed a FP for ToT. We realized that DH was having ticket trouble up at the turnstiles so the CM let him pass without running his ticket thru the machine- a big problem when trying to get a FP because the machines don't think you're "there", if you get my drift. Back to Guest Services and for our troubles? Anytime FP for ride of our choice- we chose RNR!! That line is the worst in heat like this!! We rode ToT and then went straight to the front of the line for RNR- does anyone else think this ride is a LOT more rough than usual? I do not remember getting knocked around so much - the back of my head was killing me by the time we got off. Not cool...I may have to ditch this ride, I hate to say it. Not worth the literal headache afterwards!!

Lunch ADR at Sci-Fi. Always a great ambiance there, our waiter Lapineaux was awesome!! He was just begging for us to be celebrating something (we weren't) - I think he wanted to sing to us or something. I had a craving to try something new so I did- the reuben. I learned that day that I don't like reubens so I'm glad I filled up on appys (onion rings and spinach artichoke dip). Oh well- ya don't know until you try!!

Rode GMR and hit a couple shops and left. The heat was the reason. Headed back to OKW for a dip and nap. REALLY slept this day away! Woke up around 5:30pm (I guess we needed the rest) and got ready for the P&P party. Arrived and picked up our tickets, got on the massive line to get in around 7:10pm and BLAMMO the skies opened up on us. Rain drops literally splotched everyone (they were huge!!) but we needed that- it cooled everything off right away (later the humidity was rough but initially it felt great!) Went straight for Space Mountain. Then over to our dinner ADR at Liberty Tree. Funny how the characters ignore you when you're sans camera! No worries- we were more into stuffing our faces than anything else. Got a preview of the parade and decided to make time for it later- it looked great thru the foggy windows!! Rode BTMR, Splash, Pirates (of course!!), saw a dead-on Jack Sparrow guest cruising around with his entourage- he looked and acted the part perfectly!! Watched the 9:30pm Music, Magic and Mayhem fireworks - they were a must see. REALLY great job WDW!! Then slowly headed to Pirates again (my flip flops were bothering me) and later scouted out a spot for the parade- awesome once again! Especially the pirate ship. I really enjoyed that parade and this is from 2 folks that RARELY watch the parades (we like the shorter lines on rides much more!)

The party was great- dance parties everywhere (the one in Tomorrowland was in full swing!) lots of spots for pirate's booty (beads, candy) and tons of great guests in pirates & princess regalia. I had a great time and was very glad to have attended. MK at night, and it was a cooler night due to the rain, is just magical. Add the celebration and festive atmosphere and it's the perfect night. I fell asleep with the cinnamon smell of Main Street in my dreams...

Up next: Sunday, AK, depature day. :( :number1:

shan-ash
08-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Besides your husband's early ticket trouble, what a fun day:party:

iheartmickey
08-13-2007, 01:26 PM
What a fantastic day! Sounds like you both had a great time.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

faline
08-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Did you dress up for the Pirate & Princess party?

Terrific day!

DizNee143
08-13-2007, 03:05 PM
sounds like a very nice and busy kinda day!! glad it rained and cooled things off for a little!! :mickey:

gauvin4
08-13-2007, 03:48 PM
Sounds like a fantastic day!! I love afternoon naps!:blush:

Bethis26fan
08-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Sounds like a great day.

pdrlkr
08-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the report :smickey:

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 09:51 PM
The party sounds like a ton of fun it ends a couple of nights before we get there.

Bethanymouse
08-15-2007, 01:12 AM
I am so glad that you enjoyed another great day at WDW! It sounds like you are having a great time. Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

DestinationWDW
08-15-2007, 06:42 PM
We were at the party too Roo Girl! It was great! That parade was the best I think of all the Disney parades ever! Jack Sparrow was a true Johnny Depp look a like! The little girl sitting next to me (couldn't have been more than 5 or 6 years old) was perfectly quiet through the whole princess part of the parade - when the pirates came - WHOA! She jumped up and was screaming - YES! YES! YES! Jack it's me! It's ME!!!! She was too cute! :D It did cool off a little too - my kids got on rides without waits - rode Splash (walked right on), rode BTTMR twice in a row, and older 2 rode Space while little guy and I did Fantasy land. We closed the place!!!! It was well worth the money! We all wore matching pirate T-shirts - too hot for us to be dressed up in much more -almost ditched those because they were black!!! Thanks for your reports!!!!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 03:31 PM
We were there too Roo and got soaked at Pooh's when the rain came. We say the "jack look alike" too and thought he was awesome.

One bad thing that happened though, as they moved the candy booty under the Pooh awnings, a female (I can't call her a lady) walked up and put her hand in the bucket and grabbed a bunch of candy for her kids and said, "my kids need candy too". She was not wearing a bracelet, nor was anyone else in her party. The CMs didn't even say a word. I just stood there with my mouth dropping to the pavement in astonishment. I couldn't believe the audacity of some people.

Glad you had a great time, we did too, but we didn't dress up at all.

January-2007
08-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Thanks for reporting.

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 02:59 PM
I am so glad that you both enjoyed the P & P party so much. It sure sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you for sharing it with us. :mickey: