View Full Version : Roo Girl's Quick Getaway Aug 10th

Roo Girl
08-13-2007, 09:38 AM
August 10th- OKW Resort
Cast of Characters:
Roo Girl- Stacey, 33
Animator Todd- DH Todd, 34

Fri., August 10th
Woke up early and had breakfast at Olivia's at OKW at 8:10am. I was very awake this morning. It is great to just cruise down the block to get a great warm welcome & COFFEE!!! :D We both had pancakes & eggs and COFFEE. Headed out for Epcot- arrived around 9:30am.

Epcot was HOT. Everywhere was hot. We immediately got a FP for Soarin'. I would almost wait an hour anywhere that has air conditioning but figured why wait when we have FPs!!! Waiting on line for TT and then had a snack of Nestle Toll House cookie icea cream. Another girl was eating one nearby and we both thought it might be too early for ice cream (10:15am) but in that heat, normal rules don't apply. Rode Soarin- love it. Picked up a FP for M:S more intense training, of course. Loved it!! Rode Ellen, cruised through every available store & innoventions doorway to get a dose of A/C until our 1:40pm ADR at Le Cellier. I was debating if this lunch choice was too heavy for such heat but was glad I kept it!! The filet was AWESOME. I had the beefsteak tomato appy and tons of water. The table next to us were NOT happy campers- I saw the mother role her eyes at her daughter no less than 5 times in between hissing at her to behave. I think the heat was getting to everyone...if I was so miserable in it, why wouldn't the kiddies be?? It is a true test of patience, that's for sure. Left Epcot after Le Cellier for some pool & nap, of course!! Returned to Epcot around 5:30pm. ADR at Alfredo's and had the BEST waiter, Marco. He was a blast and we thoroughly enjoyed our gnocchi and fettucine a la Vodka. I even had a glass of prosecco!! And then more water, hydration was key. After dinner, found a spot for Illuminations- it is such a great show. Really enjoyed that. Left Epcot for an attempt at the Kitchen Sink at Beaches & Cream- no dice. There was a wedding rehearsal dinner earlier and the party must have spilled into B&C- 2 hour wait!!! No way Jose!! We decided to get soft serve at OKW.

Sidebar: can I just say that Beach Club rules?? I had never seen that resort before and let me tell you- it's AWESOME. What an elegant main building- what great restaurants (I am judging a book by it's cover here, never ate at any of them yet.) I just LOVE the whole theming and vibe of the place. Made me almost want to ditch OKW and stay there- OK, please don't attack me for that statement, our room really was sub-par (I'm sure there wouldn't be bug colonies on the door at Beach Club.) 'Nuff said.

Up next: Saturday at MGM and the Pirates & Princess Party!!

shan-ash
08-13-2007, 12:45 PM
The Florida heat can wipe anyone out! Great job on drinking enough water:mickey:

iheartmickey
08-13-2007, 01:21 PM
I turn into a different person when it's hot and humid ... OK maybe not a person but a monster. I would have been walking through all the stores and shops possible. I need air conditioning to stay sane! Guess it's why we don't attempt to go in the summer! LOL

Sound like you had a nice time! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

DizNee143
08-13-2007, 02:32 PM
i hope the heat didnt effect your vacation too much..sounds like a good time in Epcot today..and two very good meals! :mickey:

gauvin4
08-13-2007, 03:03 PM
Sounds like another great day despite the heat! Reading your reports make me glad we decided not to take our trip in August. We decided on Christmas instead!

Bethis26fan
08-13-2007, 06:43 PM
Sounds like a great day even with the heat.

pdrlkr
08-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the report :smickey:

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 09:48 PM
Sounds like you had a good day despite the heat and humidity.

faline
08-14-2007, 08:14 AM
Your lunch at Le Cellier sounds really yummy! What a nice Epcot day!

Bethanymouse
08-15-2007, 01:36 AM
What a great day! I heard it has been really hot down there! Thanks for sharing!

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks for sharing.

January-2007
08-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 01:22 PM
That heat and humidity combo can certainly knock the stuffing out of you. Despite those conditions you seemed to have a great day. Thanks for reporting. :mickey: