PDA

View Full Version : Roo Girl's Quite Getaway Aug 8th & 9th

Roo Girl
08-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Hi all- we're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! And we didn't melt in the ridiculous Orlando heat. I mean, C'MON, I've never felt heat like that outside my oven on Thanksgiving day!

Cast of Characters:
Roo Girl- Stacey, 33
Animator Todd- DH Todd, 34
Wed. night August 8 through Sun. afternoon August 12- Old Key West Resort.

Wed., August 8th
Arrived late Wed. night, checked into Key West at exactly 11:58pm. The place was a ghost town as is expected at midnight and we were dead dog tired by the time we found our studio room in the BACK. The very last room of building 22. DH was not thrilled at the location- we could hear traffic go by on the road just across the way. After we got to our door and noted all the dead bugs on it- ICK- we realized our key wasn't activated. BACK to the main building which is very tedious after midnight. I shlepped back in and got the key activated but forgot to bring picture ID - it's ME, I swear!- but since I could answer specific questions (namely, our home phone number) I was granted access to the card key. Sure, sure, I love security but not at almost 12:30 AM!!!!

Our room was Ok ("What, no granite??" said DH) but I really think we've been spoiled by our lovely SSR accomodations (and most recently Poly for our honeymoon). OKW is charming and suited us just fine for what we needed it for (putting head to pillow) but we weren't enthused. I am not putting it down- could have been that room specificaly (did I mention it was in the way way back??) but we just got a bad vibe from the room.

To sleep....Zzzzzz

Thurs., August 10th
Woke bright and early after a nice sleep. On our way to MK for Morning EMH!! Arrived at 8:30am, wow that crowd waiting at the transportation center for the 9am opening was getting huge!! Immediately got FPs for Space Mountain and then headed for some breakfast...we had planned to just grab something quick at Main Street Bakery but Crystal Palace looked so...inviting (read: Air conditioned.) Even without an ADR we were able to be seated in 20 minutes. Fine with me!! We sat in the shade and waited until our table was ready. Ate like gavones (sp?) and headed out into the heat for a great day. Rode Space, Laugh Floor, People Mover (it will always be the People Mover to me), Pirates, everything we wanted but the Carousel of Progress and Philharmagic. We figured we'd hit the favorites during the P&P party on Saturday. Left at 1pm due to the fact that we just couldn't bear it any longer. Headed back to OKW for a dip in the pool and nap (the heat really makes me sleepy). Woke up around 4pm and got ready to head to (shhh!) Universal/IoA. I won't get into non-Disney stuff :secret: but it was hot there too. :mickey:

Up next: Friday & Epcot fun!!!

shan-ash
08-13-2007, 12:48 PM
How disappointing not to be overly enthused abou your room :(

faline
08-13-2007, 01:13 PM
Did you happen to mention the weather while you were there? Sounds like it was a tad bit warm!

Still, you managed to cover quite a lot of ground in the Magic Kingdom and get in swimming time as well!

iheartmickey
08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Not what you want at 12:30 at night ... a room you don't love .... sounds like you made the best of it though.

Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:

DizNee143
08-13-2007, 01:32 PM
sorry about what happened when you got there...and i dont think much about OKW either..its nice..but its kinda boring there..i love Boardwalk somuch better!! and btw..did your room happen to be in the back??? lol
sounds like you had a nice half day in MK and a nice unexpected breakfast at the Crystal Palace!! hope you guys have fun at universal!! :mickey:

gauvin4
08-13-2007, 02:50 PM
No ADR for Crystal Palace and you got right in? That is fantastic!!!:cloud9

Bethis26fan
08-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks.

pdrlkr
08-13-2007, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the report :smickey:

Lizzie
08-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Wow! I can't believe how much you did on your first day with so little sleep. Hope you had fun at the other park.

Bethanymouse
08-15-2007, 01:04 AM
You must have been exhausted! I am glad that you enjoyed your MK day! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

dolphinmickey9170
08-21-2007, 03:19 PM
I must agree with you on the room. We were in building 24, it was okay, but I like SSR better too.

January-2007
08-30-2007, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the trip report.

ChipnDaleGal
08-31-2007, 12:16 PM
Sorry you didn't fall in love with your room, but it seems like you still had a really great first day. Thank you for sharing. :mickey: