PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Remake

chrisb26
08-13-2007, 12:08 AM
So they are remaking the original Halloween movie and it is actually coming out on August 31. At first I wasn't thrilled with the idea of them remaking this movie. Mostly because I really liked the original movie. I am still kind of on the bubble for this movie. The trailer looks good and Rob Zombie is the one who made it and I really enjoyed Devils Rejects and House of 1000 corpses. But not sure if he can manage to make this movie as good as the original or if not as good still enjoyable.

What do you all think?

NotaGeek
08-13-2007, 12:41 AM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't know ANY actress that could out scream Jamie Lee Curtis.

The thing I wonder, has all the creativity been spent in Hollywood? All these remakes? What's up with this trend?

DVC2004
08-13-2007, 08:18 AM
I like Rob Zombie's movies, too, but I agree. Why a remake? I was pretty disappointed because I expect something more original out of him.

But that being said, I'll probably see it on dvd. I love Halloween so I am interested but probably not enough to see it at the movies.

LaDracul
08-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Actually, that one really scared me. Even though they do have more of a backstory, I'm really sickened by the fact they show the young boy dissecting a live rat. Ew. I'm gonna wait for DVD on this one.

Dracula766
08-13-2007, 05:42 PM
I haven't been much of a Rob Zombie fan for the past few years (i thought 1000 corpses was weak). I figure I'll give him another chance with Halloween. I know he actually cares alot about the original so he should do it justice.

The fact that Danielle Harris has a role in the movie is also a good sign.

PirateLover
08-13-2007, 08:54 PM
All I have to say is this... my friend is a Halloween FREAK! He owns all the movies, knows every actor who has ever played Michael Myers and goes to horror conventions just to meet the actors. If there was anyone who you would think wouldn't want this movie to be remade, it would be him. Yet he is ridiculously excited. I had zero interest in Rob Zombie's other films simply from the trailors, but I happen to think this trailer looks AMAZING. While I agree that there are too many re-makes, I think that this will be cool and won't overshadow the original, but stand beside it.

jennbunn
08-17-2007, 01:53 AM
the original is one of my all time favorite movies. so i have got to see this one to see how it compares. i have been reading stuff about this movie for months. looking foward to it!!!!

ASweetLov
08-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I am not sure how I feel about this remake. The Original Halloween is my all time favorite Horror movie. I did not like Rob Zombie's House of 1000 Corpses at all and since I didnt like that one I didnt bother watching The Devil's Rejects. I saw the trailer for it and it does look pretty good but am still undecided about it because Rob Zombie remade it:confused:

The Reservoir Dog
08-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Going to have to put my miserable head on here.:mad:

What is it with all these remakes? It's bad enough that most music nowadays is a cover version or someone sampling and putting their name to it but it seems we have more and more remakes of classic films.

Is no one bothered anymore to do anything new?

PirateLover
09-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I was dissapointed. The movie is basically 2 acts. The first act shows Michael Myers as a child- what his family life and childhood was like and his first murders. The second act is like a sped up version of the original, with hardly any character development. I was getting into the first half but Zombie lost me in the 2nd. This movie is getting universally panned....
If any of you are (original) Dawn of the Dead fans, Ken Foree (Peter) makes a small appearance after Michael escapes and provides some of the best acting.
However, I would wait for DVD on this one...

Ian
09-03-2007, 04:42 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I don't know ANY actress that could out scream Jamie Lee Curtis.

The thing I wonder, has all the creativity been spent in Hollywood? All these remakes? What's up with this trend?:ditto:

I agree 100% on both counts.