PDA

View Full Version : To Package or Not to Package

Tink35
08-12-2007, 11:52 PM
We are in the beginning stages of planning our trip for April 08.:party: We want to stay at POFQ. Here's my question.
We have AAA and would like to use it. Is it true we cannot use the discount on a package?
Is it wise to book room only and get tickets separately? Will we miss out of anything by doing this? And will we really save much by using it?
We are booking though our certified Disney agent and I haven't talked to him yet about it.
I know it's a ton of questions but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!!!:mickey:

E-OR
08-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Our family has booked both ways. We just price it out to see what is the best deal. Our September trip we did a package because of the free meals, but in the past we almost always book separately. The few extras that you get with the package we normally don't use anyway, like the golf passes.

LauraF
08-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Yes, AAA discounts do not work for packages. (Which was a real bummer for me!)

I too prefer to book separate unless there is a DARN good deal in the package. For example, you can only get the dining plan if you book with a package. With the Free Dining for this August/September it was too good a deal to pass up. :D

I've never had a problem booking room and tickets separately. Either I've had the tickets mailed to me, or I've had them held at the fornt desk of my Disney resort. (Off sites may not allow that.)