PDA

View Full Version : How does grad night effect crowds

Swimmergirl
08-12-2007, 11:34 PM
My hubby and I will be at WDW April 15-20, 2008. I've learned that grad nights will be on the 18th and 19th. Can anyone please tell me the impact on crowds? I know we will need to clear out of MK by 7:00pm or so, but do the other parks have bigger crowds as a result? Will there be tons of teen everywhere all the time? Any experiences?
Thanks!

faline
08-13-2007, 05:52 AM
Grad nights generally have no real impact on regular hour crowds. We've been there before for these events and have not noticed any increase in crowds and/or inordinate numbers of teens.

KatGat
08-13-2007, 09:29 AM
I went this year during grad nights for the first time. I also had my reservations, but it turned out fine. The mornings were great (we assumed the teens were sleeping in). During the day, we park hopped a lot and saw a few big groups of teens here and there, but they didn't seem to cause anyone any problems. If anything, I think we needed to see these young people having pure, carefree fun. Sometimes we get caught up in our schedule and lose that.. Now, the multitude of high school bands marching through Epcot slowed us down a little as we tried to get ahead of the larger crowds of teens heading for the lines, but since I went expecting the worse, it was much better than I thought it would be. Oh, and I requested a room FAR away from the pool (though there were very few people swimming once the teens were in the parks for the party, etc.) I'm glad I choose that weekend for a long weekend at WDW and may do it a gain next year. Have fun!

bleukarma
08-13-2007, 03:41 PM
My only experience with grad night is when I went with my own graduating class in 1998. We arrived to the park (via bus) around 8pm and we left the MK around 6am. We weren't allowed to enter or leave the MK before our allotted times. So I wouldn't think that grad night would have any affect on crowds.

Have a fun trip! :mickey:

murphy1
08-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Won't affect you during the day at all. I went in 1985 in HS. First and last time I've had to dress up fancy for MK!!

pogo
08-14-2007, 01:38 PM
The only negative I can think of was in April,2006 when we stayed at the Poly. :cloud9:

We were in a MK view and the noise level was very high. The Ferry Boats to and from MK were tooting their horns everytime they would arrive or depart from the TTC and wake us up.:mad: Even at 1:30 AM. :(

Go and enjoy yourself and you'll make out OK. :D