PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club - Worth it?

disneyduggan
08-12-2007, 09:12 PM
We are hoping to go to WDW over spring break. We have stayed on property before, but not for awhile. We opted for off property to save money. We are currently CONSIDERING...Beach Club. We see the pros as: the pool (any info or pics you can share?) and proximity. What are people's thoughts?

SBETigg
08-12-2007, 09:50 PM
Also, as a resort guest you can take part in Extra Magic Hours, which gives you more time in the parks and makes it very handy to be within walking distance of Epcot for Epcot EMH. I haven't stayed at the Beach Club, but I've always had wonderful stays at Disney Deluxe resorts.

TammiMcMan
08-12-2007, 10:02 PM
If you plan on spending a majority of the time in Epcot and MGM, you can't beat the location of an Epcot resort. From the Beach Club, it's about a 3 to 5 minute walk right into the Int'l Gateway of Epcot. It's about a 25 minute walk to MGM or you can take a boat from the Yacht Club marina.

The BC is a deluxe resort, so you have those added amenities (larger rooms, balcony, room service). The grounds are not huge, so no tired feet getting back to your room. It also attaches to the YC, so you have double the dining options. A drawback for some is the lack of a food court. You do have the Marketplace, which offers a limited selection of cold and hot items. The Yacht Club Galley, which is a short walk, is a great location for a table service option that won't use up too much of your time.

DisneyGiant
08-12-2007, 10:49 PM
The Beach Club is AWESOME!! A hop, skip and a jump from Epcot and the Boardwalk.

There are some pictures of the pool here:

http://family.webshots.com/album/559767970xvihsL?start=156

disneyduggan
08-12-2007, 11:26 PM
Thank you...and a special thanks to DisneyGiant for sharing the photos. I really enjoyed them.

I am 90% sure we will stay on property this time, I am just trying to decide if it is worth the extra money to stay at BC vs a moderate resort or even something like WL or AKL which look like they would be quite a bit cheaper as well.

The pool is quite impressive. Do I understand correctly that the whole long pool features a sand bottom, or is it just a special part of the pool that features the sand?

Maleficent's Dad
08-13-2007, 12:42 AM
The pool is quite impressive. Do I understand correctly that the whole long pool features a sand bottom, or is it just a special part of the pool that features the sand?
Tammi (above) hit the major points - and completely accurately, I might add! :thumbsup:

SAB has sand along the bottom of most pool areas. Although I can't say for certain, I believe the only part lacking sand is the 'lazy river' section - which happens to be quite deep (8 feet in parts, if not deeper).

Just a note - by staying at the BC, you are paying for the convenience of the location of the resort. If $$$ is a concern, the WL is a terrific deluxe resort which can and will save you a lot of money!

Good luck with your decision! :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
08-13-2007, 08:19 AM
The Beach Club is terrific. We are in love with 3 deluxes alone, the Poly, WL and the BC! All three for location and Disney spirit. The Beach Club is terrific if you're an Epcot lover, like we are. It was great being spontaneous, and walking to Epcot on a whim, just because we could! Of course, the obvious too, like the pool is the best out of all the resorts..and Beaches and Cream, Yum! We never miss it, even when we stay at another resort! The only downside I can think of, and really, its barely a downside...is that we had a huge hike to the buses from our room, a huge hike to the lobby. We were so happy to be there, we didn't mind. We will return again!

moe513
08-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Location,location!!!!

iheartdisney
08-13-2007, 09:57 AM
First let me say that Beach Club has become our first choice deluxe resort for ALL of the positive reasons stated above.

And to add to Tammi's post....even if you're not going to spend the majority of your time at EPCOT or Disney's Hollywood Studios the transportation at BC can't be beat. The fact that you only have to use the bus for MK or AK is a big plus. And we've found that the bus service has almost always been very quick/direct as compared to other resorts that we've stayed. Plus, the ability to walk over to EPCOT's World Showcase for dinner (even if we don't visit the park much that trip) is soooooo nice.

You won't regret your decision to stay at BC.

playdead88
08-14-2007, 06:20 AM
Love the Beach Club! Its a great place to stay - we would stay there again but we are on a quest to stay at a different deluxe resort every year until we hit them all - when thats done we will be staying at the beach club again!! :mickey:

disneyduggan
08-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Hitting on iheartdisney's point about transportaion...would I be crazy to think that an option for getting to MK from BC would be to walk all the way through Epcot ( I know it would be a long walk) and take the monorail? Obviously you would not want to do that if you were trying to get there first thing in the morning, but if you were headed over or back to BC midday... has anyone done that?

iheartdisney
08-14-2007, 08:48 AM
Walking through EPCOT to catch a monorail to MK IS an option, but, of course, not your quickest option. We have done that in the past but usually stopping for breakfast/lunch in Future World first, or hitting a few rides on the way out, or with the pure intention of riding the monorail <--which my 4 year old thinks is a star attraction at WDW. As long as you are not in a time crunch (racing to make dinner reservations, etc.) walking thru EPCOT to catch a monorail is a great way to enjoy the parks.

carribeanpirate5
08-16-2007, 08:37 AM
:thumbsup:
Walking through EPCOT to catch a monorail to MK IS an option, but, of course, not your quickest option. We have done that in the past but usually stopping for breakfast/lunch in Future World first, or hitting a few rides on the way out, or with the pure intention of riding the monorail <--which my 4 year old thinks is a star attraction at WDW. As long as you are not in a time crunch (racing to make dinner reservations, etc.) walking thru EPCOT to catch a monorail is a great way to enjoy the parks.

We do this quite a bit because the monorail is an attraction in itself, but typically do it from MK to Epcot. If you do it, make sure you wait and ride up front with the driver. Its a great long ride and the view approaching Epcot and around FW is unreal!

FutureCorpsFan
08-16-2007, 01:47 PM
You really can't beat the location! You are approximately 20 mintues bus ride from all the major attractions. Beyond that you are close to Epcot with its night life, then there is the Boardwalk with ESPN Zone, Flying Fish, Spoodles, Atlantic Dance, Jelly Rolls, The candy & ice cream shoppe and the Bakery...all of which are open late. If you don't feel like travelling out for night life, you can always take a walk to the boardwalk.

You are also close to the Swan & Dolphin which have restaurants themselves, not to mention what is located at the Yacht & Beach club. If you want options, you'll find them at this location.

jsdt
08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Definitely stay on-site v. off-site. However, if you have never stayed on site before, I might recommending trying a moderate first. If you stay at Beach Club or another deluxe resort your first time, you will NEVER want to try the moderates and will always end up spending for the deluxe resorts. On the first trip back I took in recent years we stayed at the Swan (also has a great location) and every time we go back now we end up comparing the new resort to the old one and it makes it really difficult to ever go with a moderate.

RALPH
08-17-2007, 08:04 AM
JSDT is right. Once you have stayed at a premium hotel, it is tough to go back to a moderate. You can see from my signature that this is true for us. If you have young children, say from 7 to 12 and they experience Storm-a-Long bay at the Y&BC it is difficult to even talk about another hotel, even a premium. I would rather skip a trip and save for the premium hotel I like it that much. If you do not use your hotels amenities then all bets are off, but we do.

SurferStitch
08-17-2007, 09:35 AM
The BC looks beautiful. We almost booked it for our December trip, but we decided to stay at the Poly because we've always talked about trying it.

The Flo is our absolute favorite, but we may try BC on a future trip. I love the sand bottom pool (and I'm not a pool person), and the overall look of the resort is so relaxing.

Whatever you choose (deluxe or mod), definitely stay on site. It makes a WDW so wonderful. We loved CBR, so if you're thinking of a mod, definitely give that one consideration. We really disliked POR because of dirty/musty/:ack: rooms and poor service on our two visits, but we loved CBR!

MsMin
08-17-2007, 10:28 AM
I would rather feel like a princess at Pop than feel like a pauper @ Poly. I decide how much I want to spend and where those funds are coming from. Then decide how much of that I want to use in the parks and for extras and what is left. Last year we had my parents w/ mobility issues we decided on the Boardwalk (sometimes it's worth spending a little more for convenience and comfort). If I'm going with my kid's and their friends then I have a hard time justifying getting an extra deluxe room and we go budget. Then way I can treat them to MVMCP and dinner with comfort. I have no problem going from Poly to Pop if it suites my plan and budget. I can't enjoy the Poly or where ever if I don't have the spending money to buy :bar: when ever I want. Of course the best is always better:blush: but do what's in your comfort zone and that's different for everyone.
What I love about that area is the convenience of the park entries. We did take the monorail to WDW after having breakfast at the fountain bakery. Yes, I would go out of my way to avoid the morning buses.

WDWgoofy
08-17-2007, 01:17 PM
My stay at the Beach Club was the BIGGEST disappointment ever in all my trips to WDW.

Terrible view
Too few elevators, cause long walks and time getting anywhere
Themeing dull, absentOf course, the location of the resort is the best and the pool is outstanding.

I do not expect to ever return to the BC.

bkfree
08-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Having stayed off site and at several of the onsite resorts, once we stayed at an Epcot location resort all of the others faded away. Nothing can beat the location of the any of the Epcot resorts.Not just the location but it has more available eating options than any other place. Not only the hotels(Yacht cClub, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin) but also the restaurants around the Boardwalk, all of the great places to Dine at World Showcase and the ones at MGM.
Our fav is the Yacht Club, but any of them shine because of location. My advice if you ever want to stay anywhere else, then don't stay at an Epcot place, because after you stay there once the others pale in comparision.
We won't even entertain the remote idea of ever staying anywhere else.
We had great theming, great CM and the convenience and choices of the area were supurb. And we never waited more than 5 minutes for a bus at the hotel, or at the parks to go back to the hote. Now that's service.:number1:

rj
08-18-2007, 10:07 AM
We stayed at the BC on our last trip and the location is great for Epcot, MGM, and the boardwalk.

Another deluxe we like is the WL. We have stayed twice and it is great. Also, it is less expensive than the BC.

LudwigVonDrake
08-18-2007, 10:28 AM
I stayed at the Beach Club in 2005 and LOVED IT!!!! Highly recommended for location, pool, quality, and did I mention the pool? :mickey:

J.T.Toad
08-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I think the resort you select should depend on what you are looking for in a vacation.
Everyone has different Ideas on how they want to spend there time at the World.

In our family we save up for our once a year vacation. We spend about 9 days at the World. Staying at a Disney Resort property is just as important to us as visiting a park. It’s the whole package that we wish to enjoy. One of our days is designated to just lounging around the pool, eating chicken strips and for me sipping on a Margarita and imitating a Beached Whale. Personally any quiet pool would be just fine with me but I have two Girls 9 and 13 so the resort pool is important to us.

Our top choices, in alphabetical order;
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Contemporary
Polynesian
Wilderness Lodge

Good Luck
JT