PDA

View Full Version : Traditional/Untraditional Families

Bringonthemouse!
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
I've been wondering about WDW's definition of family. My family consists only of myself and my DD15, I am a single parent (and have been loving every minute of it for 15 years). When I read posts of families being chosen for Park opening ceremonies, nights in the castle, etc. the families all seem to be "traditional" ie. 2 parents, 1+ children. Are there any "untraditional" sized families who have been chosen for special treatment who have a story to share. My DD would LOVE to be chosen for a Park opening, I just want to know there is hope for us!
TIA!!
:mickey:

SBETigg
08-12-2007, 09:00 PM
There's hope! Winners for the Dream giveaway are chosen at random. It doesn't matter if you're single or a single parent, kids, no kids. Winners are chosen completely at random based on pre-determined criteria such as the fifth person off Space Mountain, or the third person to walk past the Soarin FastPass machine or whatever. They are not sizing up guests and determining who would be the best face for Disney prize-winning. Hang in there and good luck!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
08-12-2007, 09:45 PM
From some of the stories I've read, if you are a winner, it's usually you and anyone else in your party, whether they are related or not.

MickeysEars
08-12-2007, 11:04 PM
A winner is a winner and do not think that is has to do with what sort of family you are in.