PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip?

apequet
08-12-2007, 08:26 PM
I'm new to WDW and I"ve never had a Dole Whip. What is this yummy, sounding treat? Is it ice cream or somthing cold? Is it under $4? Thanks!

TINKERBELL_82
08-12-2007, 08:29 PM
It's pineapple juice with vanilla soft serve on top, like a 'float. I believe it's $3.50, and yes, it's very good.

You get them in Adventureland in Magic Kingdom, FYI.:mickey:

SBETigg
08-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Actually, it is pineapple soft serve ice cream. You can get it plain, in a cup or cone, or you can have it served as a "float" atop pineapple juice. It is not vanilla soft serve, but I think they have chocolate and vanilla soft serve at the same place, Aloha Isle. Unsure of pricing.

Kairi_7378
08-12-2007, 09:16 PM
They do serve yummy vanilla soft serve at Aloha Aisle for those of us who don't like pineapple. (I know that with all of the Poly fans on this board I am clearly in the minority here!) DH found the pineapple to be very refreshing. Both the float and the plain Dole Whip are snacks on the DDP.

Fantasmic
08-13-2007, 05:08 AM
It's gorgeous and fairly cheap, I think that's all you need to know :papple:

The Bookseller
08-13-2007, 12:19 PM
It's gorgeous and fairly cheap, I think that's all you need to know :papple:

It is almost the "Crack Cocaine" WDW snack, only second right after the Churro(IMO). :D

Tink's Mom
08-13-2007, 01:38 PM
My family loves the pineapple float. We have to have at least one everytime we go. Enjoy!

Clotho
08-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Let's put it this way: during these last few weeks before our trip, hubby is working some overtime hours to raise some more cash for the vacation. Whenever we feel bummed that we don't get to see as much of each other, he pipes up with "That's 2 Dole Whips per day!" Yes, it's true. We are counting our funds in Dole Whips. ;)

IloveDisney71
08-13-2007, 09:59 PM
My family can't visit the MK and not get a Dole Whip or the float. They are soooooo yummy! :mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
08-14-2007, 04:09 PM
On our last trip down, we had been twigged by a fellow intercotter ,that there were strawberry treats that were very like the DoleWhips of our dreams.
They are at the minute maid stand by the T cup ride. It is like a strawberry sherbet swirl in vanilla ice cream. Very Nummy!! :eat:
Now we trot between the two places. They are worth a try if ya like Dole whips.
Plan on getting some in April 2008!:woohoo:

apequet
08-14-2007, 09:13 PM
thanks everyone...it sounds like a must try treat! I can't wait! 122 more days!

mdearmas
08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Dole Whip is quite possibly the greatest soft serve in history!LOL!
:goofy:

Sinewiz
08-16-2007, 05:56 PM
It's one of my must haves while at the MK. Deeeelicious!! :tasty::tasty:

jsw123
08-17-2007, 12:07 AM
You have an option of the pineapple dole whip, the vanilla/ pineapple swirl, or the dole whip float. I got the swirl and LOVED it! Great treat after POTC! Very refreshing!:mickey:

snifflesmcg
08-17-2007, 01:42 AM
Oh I can't wait to try my first one next month. I've had chocolate soft serve from there but never a Dole Whip. If it's even half as good as Pumpkin soft serve (one of our favorite local favorites), we are in business.

ncscgirl2005
08-20-2007, 04:02 PM
Wow! I had my first one when I visited MK on 8/10 and man was it TERRIFIC! I loved it! Got my final one on 8/12. Now I am feining for another one! Gotta Have it! Don't think I can wait any longer! They were terrific. I paid exactly $4.25 for mine and boy was it worth it. This is a must do! I wish the would serve those things somewhere outside of Disney as well.

teambricker04
08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
That there is such a dole whip following! Yum Yum Yum! I agree... it is the best treat there is in all of WDW. Really, it is the only reason we go any where near the Tiki Room. Okay, not really as my son LOVES it, but really I could just hang out with my DW outside.

I can't wait for my next dole whip. Yum

Horizon93
08-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Our fave is the dole whip float. It is incredible!

Lisaj13
08-21-2007, 06:03 PM
On our trip to WDW in October it was HOT! :thedolls: It was in the 30s (that's 90s for Americans reading this) most of the time. One day while my sister and older DD were off on a ride somewhere I plunked my younger DD down in the shade by the Treehouse and went to get us snacks.

I came back with a Dole Whip and pineapple to share. I swear that on the way back every other head turned and stared at the Dole Whip. You could just see what people were thinking: "Mmmmm, Dole Whip."

My DD and I finished it off in no time flat!

beksy
08-22-2007, 01:12 PM
I've gotta agree that the Dole Whips (especially the floats, my personal fav) is the best snack in the MK (if not the whole world!). We have one everyday we are in the MK, if not two! :blush: I think the thing Dad is most upset about over missing this trip is missing out on the Dole Whip. He is still trying to think of a way we can get one back to VA for him! :secret:

DessertDivaFL
08-24-2007, 11:18 AM
Is the Poly the only place to get the Dole Whip?

Clotho
08-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Is the Poly the only place to get the Dole Whip?

No, Aloha Isle in Adventureland, also!:number1: