PDA

View Full Version : ebay ticket discounts

iheartdisney
08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
I was just browsing on ebay and I saw an item from an "ex travel broker." He says he's selling a "Walt Disney World Park Hopper Ticket book which will give you detailed instructions on how to purchase Disney World theme park tickets for up to 50% off." He goes on further to say that the tickets come with fast passes "so you will not have to wait in line for rides." There are other claims of hints to get up to 80% off room rates at any time of the year and further discounts for Universal and Sea World.

Is anyone familiar with this. Of course, it sounds too good to be true, so it probably is...but I was just wondering......

Thanks to anyone who has info about this!

mttafire
08-12-2007, 05:12 PM
I was just browsing on ebay and I saw an item from an "ex travel broker." He says he's selling a "Walt Disney World Park Hopper Ticket book which will give you detailed instructions on how to purchase Disney World theme park tickets for up to 50% off." He goes on further to say that the tickets come with fast passes "so you will not have to wait in line for rides." There are other claims of hints to get up to 80% off room rates at any time of the year and further discounts for Universal and Sea World.

Is anyone familiar with this. Of course, it sounds too good to be true, so it probably is...but I was just wondering......

Thanks to anyone who has info about this!

Run from this guy! By the way, Just how much is he asking for this "book"? To me, It sounds VERY fishy!

iheartdisney
08-12-2007, 05:24 PM
He's asking $7.99...and there's no shipping because he sends it to you FREE - digital delivery - an e-book?

faline
08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Disney tickets are non-transferable and not eligible for resale.

All Disney tickets come with the "availability" of fast passes. Just like anyone else, you would use your Disney ticket to obtain fast passes once you arrive at the park.

I'd stay away from this "deal".

BrerSchultzy
08-13-2007, 11:04 AM
I have read far too many horror stories about families who bought their "tickets" off Ebay, and then showed up to the parks and the tickets were phonies or expired.

Stay VERY VERY VERY far away from buying tickets on Ebay...no matter how many stars the seller has, no matter how legit it looks. Buy your tickets through Disney or a REAL travel agent.

crazeedizneefinatic
08-13-2007, 12:30 PM
I think I know what you mean. The person himself is not selling anything but the information. It's probably someone with some Disney knowledge trying to make a few bucks. All those promises sound to good to be true so I probably would vote agaisnt buying the e-book also. You can find far more info than anyone could ever tell you here on Intercot and it's all first hand experience.

LauraF
08-13-2007, 12:31 PM
Do not buy those tickets. It IS too good to be true. Disney tickets are not allowed to be resold - they link your ticket to your fingerprints so only one person can use them.

I've heard many stories about buying tickets off E-Bay that were used up, blank or otherwise non-functional. Don't ruin your vacation by buying bogus tickets.

NYdaily
08-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Don't do it! Fastpasses have no monetary value and cannot be obtained days in advance. They are free within the park only. This is a scam!